Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shill city

Shill city
Hartline 2014 Immaculate letterman "E" 8/8

Spent total of $55 on 2 other ones this ones close to $70 with a bidder that has over 15 entries on it. The bidder has 56% bids with seller. First time I've been mad enough to call it out but it sucks because these letters are my #1 chaser.

There is a legit bidder bc I recognize him from the other 2 I won, but this guy with 40 feedback just keeps crawling up the bid to get it close to the other guys max. Super fishy. He's done it like 3-4 times.

I won it anyway Smile nice try

RE: Shill city
Report it to Ebay
Mostly football and a set builder

Aw man, that sucks!

(04-18-2015, 11:38 AM)bbniner80 Wrote: Report it to Ebay
I've been there and done that, eBay plays dumb on these issues. Confused Anyone else have any input on these type of things?
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

Shill or no shill, from heaven to hell, from the beginning to the end. NOTHING stands in my path when it comes to #1 chaser..spent $20 more than the other 2 I have combined. But you'll have that. I think it's funny that somebody thought that they were finally getting one...NOPE Smile

I just dealt with a loser from Russia who has a feedback of 2, bid on an item I was after 34 times, had the high bid, then retracted right before the auction was over. 84 retractions in a month, 238 in the past six months. They dont try to even hide it anymore
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

(04-18-2015, 08:29 PM)butterworth1326 Wrote: Shill or no shill, from heaven to hell, from the beginning to the end. NOTHING stands in my path when it comes to #1 chaser..spent $20 more than the other 2 I have combined. But you'll have that. I think it's funny that somebody thought that they were finally getting one...NOPE Smile
At the end of the day, that's what matters. If you're a die hard collector price is only an issue when it's absurd. When I come for a Marino card that I don't currently have I bring the hammer. If I end up losing it's because someone took out a second mortgage Wink
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

When I first started selling on ebay, a guy in my town was bidding on a few of my items, and I got accused of shilling. The funny part was he never retracted a bid, and won as many as he lost. Long story short, ebay lost my business for a few years.
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****

(04-18-2015, 10:35 PM)duch2izback Wrote: I just dealt with a loser from Russia who has a feedback of 2, bid on an item I was after 34 times, had the high bid, then retracted right before the auction was over. 84 retractions in a month, 238 in the past six months. They dont try to even hide it anymore
I know, and it sucks bc I mainly buy Hartlines on my ebay, so anybody can quickly check completed sales and connect the dots...
(04-19-2015, 07:53 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: At the end of the day, that's what matters. If you're a die hard collector price is only an issue when it's absurd. When I come for a Marino card that I don't currently have I bring the hammer. If I end up losing it's because someone took out a second mortgage Wink
Haha that's great. That happened 2 months ago when immaculate came out, I already bought a logo patch /10 for $70 and another came up I wanted. Didn't get it but it went for around $120. I laughed a little.
(04-19-2015, 10:16 AM)kens05goat Wrote: When I first started selling on ebay, a guy in my town was bidding on a few of my items, and I got accused of shilling. The funny part was he never retracted a bid, and won as many as he lost. Long story short, ebay lost my business for a few years.
I understand...that would suck.

I don't immeaditily think shill, but there was one guy bidding with reasonable feedback and another guy with low. The real buyer put a max bid and then the shiller kept bidding in 2-3 dollar increments until it reached over a dollar or 2, then this happened 4 more times. You could see on the time stamps that he bid a dollar over and no activity until the other bidder put in, why not just put in a max bid??

(04-18-2015, 10:35 PM)duch2izback Wrote: They dont try to even hide it anymore
They don't need to, unfortunately.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.