`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bought another Jordan RC - 1986-87 Fleer this time

RE: Bought another Jordan RC - 1986-87 Fleer this time
Just curious, when you look for them in Craig'slist do you search under collectibles and also, is there anything specific you type in the search bar?

(05-06-2015, 05:40 PM)altz11 Wrote: Just curious, when you look for them in Craig'slist do you search under collectibles and also, is there anything specific you type in the search bar?
Collectibles is where I've found all of the ones I've sourced so far.

You can try any number of searches, but Jordan Rookie is probably going to reveal the most hits. Plenty of fakes and overpriced cards out there for sure.

Just sold the 6.0 for $650.

Again, if you can get the right purchase price, you can flip these and probably double or triple your investment.

Just follow the guide I posted earlier for check to make sure it's legit under magnification. Look for the imperfections on the card and be overly hard on your assessment. I honestly think BGS is much harder on these cards than they are anything else because of how popular they are.

I thought my last one was going to be a 7.5 or an 8.0, with maybe an outside shot at an 8.5

I was definitely happy with the 8.5 I got.

Just an FYI, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful when you're looking at these cards in raw form. The last three I've looked at either in-person or via text have been fakes. I cannot stress how much you must follow that guide I posted earlier. Once you have had a few legit cards in your possession or have one to reference, spotting fakes will be extremely easy. I just hate having to tell people their card(s) aren't legit.

Had a fun E-Mail exchange tonight.

Got pics of one that had obvious corner wear i.e. white showing up even in a crappy cell-phone pic. and the guy was wanting me to pay $400 for it. LMMFAO.

My 6.0 was in better condition than his card.

Again, you're going to run in to those who got suckered and paid way too much for their card raw and get upset when they find out they got suckered.

Just to give you guys an idea of the two cards in question.

#1 - This person was wanting $550 for the card on CL. Obvious corner wear in both top corners right off the bat. If it's showing up white in that crappy of a cell-phone pic, it's going to bring the card down immediately. Centering appears to be pretty good. I basically told him I'd do either $250 cash or a 1981 Topps Football Complete Set w/Joe Montana rookie + $100 cash as he had inquired about a trade and cash. He balked and I walked.

#2 - This person was asking for $625 on CL. Awful corner wear on all four corners. Heavily off-centered. It might be worth $350-$400 if it were graded. I offered $150 cash. They countered with $350. No chance.

It just goes to show they are out there, but there are some people with way too lofty expectations and/or simply got screwed when they bought their card.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)