`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about selling on boards

Question about selling on boards
Earlier today I posted a thread offering some cards for sale. However I just checked after a few hours and the thread has been deleted. No message, email, or anything else notifying me of any violations, so I don't know why it's was pulled. The only thing I can think is that the cards aren't listed in ORG, thus I can't mark them for sale and list prices there. Can a MOD please contact me and let me know why the thread was deleted. Also let me know if there is any way to sell cards on here if they aren't listed in Beckett's database.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Question about selling on boards
There is an announcement at the top of the trade boards titled:

TRADERS AND SELLERS READ HERE FIRST !! SELLERS PAY ATTENTION your POSTS will be DELETED

been there since 2011.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(04-14-2015, 12:49 PM)floydtown Wrote: There is an announcement at the top of the trade boards titled:

TRADERS AND SELLERS READ HERE FIRST !! SELLERS PAY ATTENTION your POSTS will be DELETED

been there since 2011.
Not trying to stir up trouble or anything, but if the cards aren't in the OPG (like the ones that djohn posted about), what is the protocol? Not selling them at all? Waiting for what can be several months to get them listed in the OPG to be able to sell them? Just curious and I'm sure others would like to know what happens in that case as well.

(04-14-2015, 12:49 PM)floydtown Wrote: There is an announcement at the top of the trade boards titled:

been there since 2011.
Thanks for responding. Yes, I have read that and it says nothing about what to do if cards aren't listed in the Beckett database.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

I dont have a problem with cards that are eligible to be added to the OPG/organize (licensed cards) but just have not made it into it yet because of being a new release. If it is a card other than a new release that just hasnt been added yet for whatever reason, then please send scans and info to the respective sport editor so they can add it. All other rules apply such as having an active organize.

It would help to put a note next to the card so the mods see you are waiting on it to be added.
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

The cards I was trying to sell are from Topps. They are direct sale 5x7 jumbo versions of cards. The cards were just released recently, so I am not surprised that they haven't had time to load them into the database. In my post I even noted that the cards weren't in the database, however my post was still deleted.
I spent a bit of time putting the post together along with pricing each card. Is there any way to get the post back, and if not than is there any way to know that if I make the post again it won't be deleted again?

no way to get it back, sorry
make a copy to be safe
put approved by me in the post
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

(04-14-2015, 08:26 PM)floydtown Wrote: no way to get it back, sorry
make a copy to be safe
put approved by me in the post
Ok thanks, I will post it again later this week when I have time to make the post again. I will be sure to mark that it was approved by you and make a copy just in case.
Thanks