`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Great Mouschi Flip Quest of 2015

RE: The Great Mouschi Flip Quest of 2015
I just picked up some cards for $110 and sold them to 2 separate buyers for a grand total of $230, so the $120 extra goes to this!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

Nothing too crazy at garage sales today. Picked up a weight watchers kit and 3 easels for $25, then a play house for $5. I also sold the dresser for $60, so I'll add $25 to the total.
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile

So the garage sale circuit was DEAD today ... I did get some grocery shopping done which my wife was happy about.

This week, however, I did sell some things - a doll, vacuum cleaner and weight watchers kit. In addition to this, I flipped a card lot within a day, so the total to add for everything is $149

Love your flip quest thread
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Buying and selling has been pretty slow going this week, but today I sold the Easels for $140. I also sold over 200k cards in my garage that were not a part of this flip. Since he was buying all the other cards, I told him he could have the binder of cards that is mentioned in my flip quest for $10 extra. He accepted! So, that means we can add $150 to this.

I sold the PSP lot for $111.75 - interestingly enough, it was to a guy who has purchased about 400+k worth of sports cards from me in the past. No other white whales have surfaced yet, but I'm still crossing my fingers and toes that something comes up, as it looks like I have enough to pull the trigger pretty much any one of them and then some.

Slow going for sales, but today we did pretty good with some purchases.

We grabbed this suede love seat for $15
[Image: 00c0c_ixtzlPSKVd1_600x450.jpg]

This play system for $5
[Image: 00S0S_aoQduxf7IpV_600x450.jpg]

This boat for $8
[Image: 00Z0Z_2WPSOFrxqFt_600x450.jpg]

and the following:

Build a bear lot w/13 bears, some furniture and clothing $25 (+FREE Elf on a Shelf WOOT)
Littlest Pet shop lot $10
Yacker Tracker $5
Stuffed Tea Set $1
Kids Easel / Desk $5

$74 well spent, I'd say!

Each installment is always an interesting read.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Things are still slow going, because I have many other things going on, but I thought I would update for the first time in about 11 days.

I picked these beauties up for $10. They are about 3 feet tall. A sticker said $5 on one of them and I asked the lady if it was $5 for all 3 or $5 each. There were a gaggle of women gasping at me even asking. "$5 would be a real good deal for you, wouldn't it?" So I said "yeah, but what do you expect? It is a garage sale, so ...". The gaggle laughed a bit as to say touche.

Instead of walking away because they offended my honor, I figured I'd just grab 'em for $10 Smile
[Image: 00K0K_6fVsP3orR6d_600x450.jpg]

I also got this kid stool for $8.

[Image: 00J0J_jctjQljgph5_600x450.jpg]

The last piece of buying I did was this little lot here:
[Image: 20150718_210439.jpg]

[Image: 20150718_210331.jpg]

[Image: 20150718_210236.jpg]

[Image: 20150718_210057.jpg]

[Image: 20150718_205900.jpg]

Total, I have spent $58.

Here is what I have sold:

Littlest Pet Shop lot for $50
Camcorder for $35 (YEAH!)
but then the buyer said it was broken (BOOOO)
I promised to give him a refund and because "I was honest and nice" he only asked for $25.
So ... Camcorder: $10
Dolly Parton Doll (from the doll lot) $18.50
Bloat Up Boat: $50

In total, this means we can add $70.50 along with a few cool profitable pieces to the pot!

Time for an update!

I sold the majority of the cards from my last update for $55. The rest of the cards, I put with this lot that I bought this lot for $60 yesterday:

[Image: 20150731_233720.jpg]

[Image: 20150731_233642.jpg]

[Image: 20150731_233504.jpg]

[Image: 20150731_233333.jpg]

[Image: 20150731_233317.jpg]

[Image: 20150731_233243.jpg]

I ended up selling all the cards above and the leftovers I mentioned for $56.50 so now I have a nice silver coin to add to the mix Smile

A build-a-bear sold for $20
The kangaroo climber sold for $50
The Guidecraft Kitchen Stool sold for $50
and last but not least the ankle boot sold for $20

That gives us a profit of $191.50 to add to the pile, and we are now over $1,000 - now if only one of my white whales would surface!