`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild Card 1000 Stripe Saints

Wild Card 1000 Stripe Saints
I'm beginning to think these do not exist. I have every Saints player except these three in 1000 stripe from 1992 Wild Card. Anyone else collect these?

[Image: IMG_0002_zpsmxd5rea1.jpg]
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

RE: Wild Card 1000 Stripe Saints
They exist. They are just a pain to find.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

The 1000 stripe cards were incredibly rare, so it doesn't surprise me that you can't find any. I don't know if they ever published print runs, but I know they didn't make very many of them. Adding to the fact that the cards are over 20 years old, so most have made their way into permanent collection thus they just aren't going to surface very often.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

First off you need lots and lots of patience. Again let me restate patience. I am a Dallas Cowboys collector and I need 1 1000 stripe in 1991, 1 in 1992 and several 1000 stripes in 1993. I have been building these team sets for 4 years now to get to that point. You have to constantly check Ebay for new wild card listings, as well as COMC, Beckett Marketplace and sportslots.com. You might also be willing to dig through boxes at card shops, shows and flea markets. You never know there might be one tucked away. 1000 stripes were pack inserted at my guess is one or two a case as well as you could send any combination of base and other stripes to equal 1000 to get a 1000 stripe card sent back. Wild card went out of business before they could redeem all the 1993 cards so I feel 1000 stripe 1993 are the rarest of the years. I do still see a lot of unopened boxes and cases of Wild Card for sale so who knows how many 1000 stripe cards may still be undiscovered. As far as market value I feel like if it's a superstar like Emmitt, Barry, Brett, Montana, Marino then you are looking at $100 to $150. As far as 1000 stripes of common players like you are after I would expect to pay $5.00 to $20.00. I have seen several 1000 stripes listed with a $5.00 BIN. Sometimes I see a seller try to list a common 1000 stripe player for $100 BIN and I just slap my head. I recently acquired a 1991 Michael Irvin 1000 stripe for $30.00 Bin. I got very lucky. It helps that I constantly check Wild Card auctions. That Irvin card probably would have gone $75.00 to $100.00 at auction. And If I hadn't seen that BIN and snatched it up as early as I did I guarantee you someone else would have. To an earlier point a lot of them are getting buried in collections like mine are. Just be patient and best of luck to you!

They definitely exist. Its just back then they were probably and still are in the "commons" box, all scattered and mixed with all sorts of different sports cards.
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

(04-10-2015, 06:16 PM)jjoy Wrote: 1000 stripes were pack inserted at my guess is one or two a case as well as you could send any combination of base and other stripes to equal 1000 to get a 1000 stripe card sent back. Wild card went out of business before they could redeem all the 1993 cards so I feel 1000 stripe 1993 are the rarest of the years. I do still see a lot of unopened boxes and cases of Wild Card for sale so who knows how many 1000 stripe cards may still be undiscovered.
I think the 1000 stripe cards are significantly rarer than 1 or 2 per case. You have to remember that the manufacturing of cards was at a completely different level back in the early 90s. Think about the Donruss Elite series inserts which are serial numbered to 10,000 each yet were inserted closer to 1 in 5-10 cases. These 1000 stripe cards were just as rare if not rarer. They probably only made a hundred or so of each player. I remember busting plenty of WildCard packs back in the early 90s and the highest I ever pulled was a 10 stripe card. The stripe cards in general were just plain rare.
Also, I know you could send in a stripe card to get the quantity of that card back, based on the number on the stripe (i.e. 20 stripe meant you got 20 of that card back). However I never heard that you could send in a quantity of the same card and get a stripe card back. Plus, back in the early 90s it was still all about hoarding lots of the same card, so it would surprise me that anyone would take a lot and send it in for a single card replacement (even if it had a fancy stripe on it).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(04-11-2015, 07:32 AM)djohn Wrote: I think the 1000 stripe cards are significantly rarer than 1 or 2 per case. You have to remember that the manufacturing of cards was at a completely different level back in the early 90s. Think about the Donruss Elite series inserts which are serial numbered to 10,000 each yet were inserted closer to 1 in 5-10 cases. These 1000 stripe cards were just as rare if not rarer. They probably only made a hundred or so of each player. I remember busting plenty of WildCard packs back in the early 90s and the highest I ever pulled was a 10 stripe card. The stripe cards in general were just plain rare.
Also, I know you could send in a stripe card to get the quantity of that card back, based on the number on the stripe (i.e. 20 stripe meant you got 20 of that card back). However I never heard that you could send in a quantity of the same card and get a stripe card back. Plus, back in the early 90s it was still all about hoarding lots of the same card, so it would surprise me that anyone would take a lot and send it in for a single card replacement (even if it had a fancy stripe on it).
I collected back then in the nineties and that was the gimmick you could trade up or down. So in essence you could send in 1000 base cards of the same player and they would send you back a 1000 stripe card of that player. Or you could use any combination of stripes and base cards to trade for a higher denomination stripe. Every now and then you will see blank striped cards for sale on Ebay. Wild Card kept blank striped cards on hand and would attach the denomination when someone redeemed cards for a certain stripe.
As far as seeding I am pretty sure you could pull at least 1 1000 stripe per case. I am surprised you just got tens. I have opened several boxes of 1991 wild card and 1993 since I got back into collecting the past few years. I didn't pull a 1000 stripe but I did pull 20's, 50's and a 100 stripe. Insertion rate seems to be about 6 striped cards per box.