Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craig Kimbrel to the Padres
Tongue 
Craig Kimbrel to the Padres
Super surprised to hear this. I guess the Braves are rebuilding. BJ,Kimbrel for Maybin, Quentin, Wisler and another prospect. May be worth the 45 minute drive to Petco this year.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

RE: Craig Kimbrel to the Padres
Good for both teams I think. Though I hate to see Kimbrel go.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

My brother says this trade is a glorified salary dump. He also said in a very animated manner that he is boycotting wearing a Braves shirt for a month because he thinks the GM is an idiot. On a side not, the Braves designated Carlos Quentin for assignment. WOW
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

(04-05-2015, 07:11 PM)wordsense Wrote: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
+1×10.

I know it sucks for braves fans right now losing kimbrel but dumping uptons salary will help the braves going forward. Getting rid of that horrible contract and player is an accomplishment all by itself lol.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I love Kimbrel, but the closer role is why over rated. I dont think it was worth keeping him for 56mil plus at the cost of keeping Upton. I think it was a great move.

(04-05-2015, 07:22 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: I love Kimbrel, but the closer role is why over rated. I dont think it was worth keeping him for 56mil plus at the cost of keeping Upton. I think it was a great move.
Agreed
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

Since San Diego agreed to take on the salary of Upton, the Braves took on Quentin's, the DFA'd him, which was going to happen in San Diego too.

I'm excited for the Padres in that they are acquiring are some serious talent, and even if it doesn't produce a WS title it wasn't for a lack of trying.

The Braves on the other hand....I'm still trying to figure out how they deal Heyward (I know, were afraid of the upcoming FA), but....

I guess the Braves and Phillies will have a very tight race for last place.......Sad
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]