IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MVP predictions

MVP predictions
Who will win the MVP of AL and NL?

RE: MVP predictions
AL- Jose Abreu- Matches power output and improves other facets of the game on a greatly improved Chisox.

NL- wide open... I am going with 2 picks... Both will be viewed as longshots, and I agree, but I think they are also somewhat reaslistic-

1.) Bryce Harper- The kid will need to make huge strides and stay on the field, but if he even taps into a good chunk of his potential and stays healthy, he will be the heart of the offense behind a first place Nationals team that could power through the playoffs with the best rotations in baseball. .280/30/100/10+ will definitely do it, and I think he is capable of putting it together.

2.) Christian Yelich- First year (21 yo) he struggled mightily against lefties and still hit .280. Last year, he remedied the problem and played golden glove defense, but was in the lead-off spot where he seemed out of place. I think he will have a good enough year to make Giancarlo look like the "power-hitter" of the team, instead of the best player. .315+ (potential batting title)/15/100+ runs/15+ stolen bases.

And yes, I've read the articles about his groundball rate, suggesting he'll never be a power hitter. The kid is a ball player with a hell of a swing. When he does get a hold of them, they leave the yard effortlessly. 15 is easily doable this year, and he will have 25+ homerun production down the road.

Also, for good measure. 2015 Golden Spikes Award Winner will be:
Alex Bregman!
GP-32
AB's- 132
AVG- .333
2b- 12
3b- 3
HR- 7
R- 30
RBI- 32
SB- 16 of 20
.OPS- 1032
and a 99.5% Fielding at shortstop...

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

AL...Trout or Abreu
NL... Stanton

AL - Mike Trout
NL - George Springer I just think he will have a big year.

AL....Miguel Cabrera

Nl... Kris Bryant or Jorge Soler Big Grin

(04-04-2015, 06:49 PM)stwainfan Wrote: AL - Mike Trout
NL - George Springer I just think he will have a big year.
I believe he'll become a good player over time, but he hit .231 last year. That would be the greatest single season improvement in history.
Also, Springer is in the AL.

(04-04-2015, 06:54 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I believe he'll become a good player over time, but he hit .231 last year. That would be the greatest single season improvement in history.
Also, Springer is in the AL.
Yes I keep thinking Astros in NL.
Ok I'll pick for NL Bryce Harper.

(04-04-2015, 07:12 PM)stwainfan Wrote: Yes I keep thinking Astros in NL.
Ok I'll pick for NL Bryce Harper.
Being in the AL he has some serious competition in that category. Even if he turned phenomenal next year he's up against Trout, Abreu, Cano and that little fella playing second for the Astros who looks like he's going to be a gamer. And let's not count out Miggy just yet.

Kind of off topic, but if Harper wins NL MVP how much will his prices jump?
My pick for AL is Trout and the NL is Harper, but if he gets hurt it is Stanton
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

AL - Jose Abreu

NL - Giancarlo Stanton