`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COMC To the Rescue (re: '14 Turkey Red Master Set)

COMC To the Rescue (re: '14 Turkey Red Master Set)

...Thanks to those of you who opened my eyes to COMC for set-building! I became very stagnant on my ambitious 2014 Turkey Red "super" Master Set.... But, COMC came through with several mini cards, and a few base autos I needed!

As of this morning, I am down to needing:

Base Auto NEEDED (5 Cards)
26 Jimmy Garoppolo - New England Patriots
52 Damien Williams - Miami Dolphins
57 Eric Ebron - Detroit Lions
63 Bruce Ellington - San Francisco 49ers
91 Austin Seferian-Jenkins - Tampa Bay Bucs

Mini Parallel NEEDED (5 Cards):
30 Khalil Mack - Oakland Raiders
42 Connor Shaw - Cleveland Browns
54 Isaiah Crowell - Cleveland Browns
77 Carlos Hyde - San Francisco 49ers
90 Jace Amaro - New York Jets

...I also need about half of the sp photo variations, but there is debate as to whether Tre Mason and Bishop Sankey Sp Variation cards even exist, as they have never been seen.

If ANYONE can help with the 10 cards above, please let me know! I am willing to buy, trade, etc...

- Keith
'14 Turkey Red Collector

[Image: f518c628-649c-4e9e-9869-dd38f1fbb1f0_zps4mowqbo4.jpg]

RE: COMC To the Rescue (re: '14 Turkey Red Master Set)
... Now down to 8 totsl cards, and 5 sp photo variations:

Garappolo auto
Damien Williams auto
Dominique Easley auto

...and the following 5 mini parallel cards:

30 Khalil Mack - Oakland Raiders
42 Connor Shaw - Cleveland Browns
54 Isaiah Crowell - Cleveland Browns
77 Carlos Hyde - San Francisco 49ers
90 Jace Amaro - New York Jets

....This has been a TON of fun, and now I have surpassed 225 mini cards in total, which are my personal favorite - mini parallels of all brands are just cool in my opinion!

- Kms
'14 Turkey Red Collector

Comc is also my new favorite site!!

Good luck with the rest of your set!

Sunday afternoon Updated Tally:

NEED: 1 Auto (HAVE 77 autos)
NEED: 5 Mini (HAVE 95 Mini)
NEED: 4 SP Photo Variations (HAVE 6 SP Photo)
NEED: 10 Total Cards
NEED: 0 Base (HAVE ALL 100 - 3 complete sets actually of base)

.....And then there was ONE..... Jimmy Garappolo base auto...

... Of course, i could use a better condition Damien Williams auto too, as this one is the only one that might be rejected on condition less than near mint

I still need 5 mini cards (Mack, Crowell, Amaro, Shaw, Hyde), and I am down to 4 SP Photo Variation cards needed (Watkins, Clowney, Sankey, Mason)

I did pick up the Manziel and Bridgewater photo sp's, Teddy sp photo in a pack, Manziel sp photo from COMC.

- Kms
'14 Turkey Red Collector

You might be done with the base autos. There has yet to be a Garoppolo sold on eBay and none currently running. It might not exist.

I have a suspicion that there are exactly five out there. It took me 2 days shy of 5 months to get the ONE tom Savage that has been sold in the that time. So, similar to some recent Turkey Red football and baseball sets and years, several players were SSP'd on their autos to the tune of 5 cards.

On the flip side, I personally OWN at least 4 (or more) base autos of: Sammy Watkins, Kelvin Benjamin, Davante Adams, John Brown, Jordan Matthews, Mike Evans, 3 Jarvis Landry, 2 Brandin Cooks (had 3, sent one back), Manziel has been tough, 2 Bridgewater (+ 1 green /10); Teddy-B has had perhaps 7 or 8 autos sell in this span (+ 2 green /10 autos).. BUT...

The clearly most difficult have been:

Jimmy Garappolo
Tom Savage
Eric Ebron
Blake Bortles
Johnny Manziel
Jarvis Landry
Davante Adams

I could have swore I saw a base auto once, but it is odd, because none of the green /10, black 1/1, or the base show up....so, you COULD be on to something here!

Thanks for the thought - it simply slipped my mind, as I really never considered it as a possibility until now.... Again, I thought I recall one a while back, but it was in the fog of war back then, when my mind was on about 40 other autos!
-Kms

...Oh yeah, AND....

No one has seen the Tre Mason or the Bishop Sankey SP Photo Variation. I once saw the Clowney, just picked up the Manziel and Bridgewater.... so, these are elusive too, but I have a feeling that the Mason and Sankey are sitting in someone's common piles or boxes.

- Kms
'14 Turkey Red Collector