`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Topps Fire?

Thoughts on Topps Fire?
I this is the first product I've bought that the collation truly sucks! If you're trying to put a set together, good luck. When you get three cards of the same player in a box at least three times (and not a rookie, mind you), you know you will be straining for a set completion. I've bought three blasters and a hobby box (the hits I threw up here), and I am still twenty nine cards away from a set.

[Image: IMG_zps7uohzam4.jpg]
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

RE: Thoughts on Topps Fire?
Did you see many cases of Topps Magic get opened? Much worse than Fire, from what I saw.

Too bad I already got rid of all of my base, I had all but 3 cards for the set when I got rid of them. I really liked this product, though. I have the whole non-1/1 rainbow of Jordy Nelson and I only need 2 cards (Clay and Favre at /499) to have the team set for base, flame and the /499 cards. I thought it was a really nice change up to the normal stuff that's been coming out this year.

I liked the Topps Fire product as well, although I wasn't looking to build a set. My only preference would have been if they had on card autos instead of stickers.

That Robinson auto is trash. Four marks. One swoop, three marks.

I just wish the companies held them accountable.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

It's Topps.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I haven't opened any, but they look nice. I actually ordered the 5x7 Topps Fire insert sets from Topps.com. When they arrive I am going to decide between keeping them or parting them out for player collectors.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

In the words of Charles Barkley....

T R B L

Terrible
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

I love the set design, just hate the fact Im going to have to probably buy singles to complete the set.

And I agree with Magic, I still have another thirty needed for that set, and most are the higher numbers
As to the Robinson auto, that may be all he can write
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

I love the look, and I've thought about doing a base set...but have a bunch of rainbows I'm trying to do for it. Some of the patch/autos are just downright nasty looking, but from the few breaks I've seen, the really good hits are far and few between.

(04-06-2015, 09:57 AM)savagenate Wrote: I love the look, and I've thought about doing a base set...but have a bunch of rainbows I'm trying to do for it. Some of the patch/autos are just downright nasty looking, but from the few breaks I've seen, the really good hits are far and few between.
That would be expected, though, it is a cheaper product much like Magic was the last couple of years. I remember seeing 3 or 4 cases of 2012 Magic opened when it came out and I think there was 1 auto worth the price of a box and 2 or 3 of the coin cards which were selling well. Other than that, it was a HUGE letdown.

But, Fire was still fun to rip Smile I hit that Sammy Watkins jumbo jersey /15 out of a blaster which surprised the heck out of me!