`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yard sale/Flea market pickups...Starting Lineup style!

RE: Yard sale/Flea market pickups...Starting Lineup style!
great finds Dale. thanks for sharing.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

Nice! Mind if I ask what you paid for a Cobb?

(04-01-2015, 03:41 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Cool stuff man! I have (2) 12 inch Cobbs from the same set as that Ruth. They are sweet.

Thanks for stopping by!

(04-01-2015, 08:41 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: great finds Dale. thanks for sharing.
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

That Ruth figure is really great! I was buying lots of toy figures back then and NEVER saw that before ... And my buddy was the Manager of the local Toys R Us ... I would have seen it, if it came into that store! Wow!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks Doc! So what is the most you would have paid for it at a yard sale?

(04-02-2015, 08:30 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: That Ruth figure is really great! I was buying lots of toy figures back then and NEVER saw that before ... And my buddy was the Manager of the local Toys R Us ... I would have seen it, if it came into that store! Wow!

Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

(04-01-2015, 09:00 PM)dspainjr Wrote: Nice! Mind if I ask what you paid for a Cobb?
Gosh, I can't really remember for sure. I think I paid between $10-$20 for one and the other I got as a Christmas present.

(04-01-2015, 03:20 PM)dspainjr Wrote:
Yeah it pretty cool finding them and displaying them. So the Ruth used to go for a bit of $$?

heh yeah i said USED to, back in the day the SLU figures that were harder to find would go for decent amount at shows, then ebay came along and things slowly got saturated and prices tumbled.

I think you got what one might call "a great deal". Nice shopping!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Thanks for the reply!

(04-03-2015, 09:11 AM)jonathani Wrote: I think you got what one might call "a great deal". Nice shopping!

Pretty good haul! Makes me wanna find a few flea markets myself. Thanks for sharing.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.