`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First son due July 3rd...what should I collect for him?

RE: First son due July 3rd...what should I collect for him?
If your needing cubs check my organizer out I am sure I have plenty to trade. As for your son just an idea, Any card that has an American Flag for a back ground since it is so close to his birthday. July 4
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I have no idea but just want to say CONGRATS!!!
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

Congrats!
I have Topps Factory sets from the years my sons were born (2012, 2014). I also collected letterman to spell out their names.

It might be fun to collect a prospect entering the majors now (someone suggested Bryant)...seems to me it would be fun to have a good start on a player you enjoy watching as you grow up.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

1st congrats..........

I'm going to give you 3 suggestions (all already given...kind of)
1. Topps 2015 Factory Set - continue each year
2. Pick a prospect that is in the 2015 Draft and start collecting them
3. Pick a nice, not so easy to complete 2015 product and start it. You guys will have 18 years to get a master done (assuming you give it to him when he turns 18)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(03-29-2015, 03:22 PM)kelbysdaddy Wrote: Diapers, lots of diapers.
So true! HAHA
(03-29-2015, 02:10 PM)wordsense Wrote: Why not collect Kris Bryant for him? They'll be experiencing the show and earth, respectively, for the first time together. Your son will be growing up in the Kris Bryant Era. You don't want him to miss out on that from a card collecting aspect, because by the time he's old enough to collect for himself, he'll have missed out on all the early career Bryant goodies. I know, I know, pricey.

Still. Worth it.

Or someone that, like your son, is just getting started.
Not a bad idea...
(03-29-2015, 07:50 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: Just thought this up: After you find a name, find a prospect with that name, and get his stuff on the cheap. If he pans out, that's great luck. If he doesn't, your son will have a very affordable super-colletion!
It's gonna be Gavin Brooks...need to do some digging for that one! Not a bad idea though.

(03-29-2015, 10:01 PM)cspen Wrote: If he is truly born on July 3, I really want to know. lol
Will do. I'm kinda rooting for the 4th.

(03-31-2015, 12:21 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: 1st congrats..........

I'm going to give you 3 suggestions (all already given...kind of)
1. Topps 2015 Factory Set - continue each year
2. Pick a prospect that is in the 2015 Draft and start collecting them
3. Pick a nice, not so easy to complete 2015 product and start it. You guys will have 18 years to get a master done (assuming you give it to him when he turns 18)
My favorite so far.
Colleting all Topps Cubs cards from the main set and Traded/Update
Main Set - 1415/1672 84.6%
Years Completed - 51, 76-94, 96, 99, 00, 04, 06, 07, 09, 12
Traded/Update - 90/234 38.4%

Money. For his college education. And maybe the Topps or Heritage set from his birth year.