`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some educated opinons...

Need some educated opinons...
As you may or may not know, I super collect Mike Alstott. My daughter's boyfriend knows this and told me I should check out Alstott's son...that he was a pretty solid quarterback. So I looked him up. The kid is only 15 but to my untrained eye (I am a casual fan, never played so I don't really know what fine details to look for) he seems solid--comfortable in the pocket as well as scrambling, good arm, doesn't panic under pressure...even with some huge guy in his face. BUT, again I am certainly no expert.

Would a few of you who REALLY know the game watch a little bit of his highlights and tell me if you think this kid is someone to watch out for in the future. Thanks everybody! (The link is below)

http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recru...in-alstott

"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

RE: Need some educated opinons...
Heres what I think… when he gets in trouble he holds the ball like a loaf of bread … wonder if he gets stripped a lot? …. to me it looks like the kid can play …. need some help with some minor mechanics adjustments…. seems to make quick as well as correct reads and gets the ball out fast.

just my 2 cents Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Trying to figure out if a 15 year old will end up playing in the NFL or even as a starting QB in Division I NCAA is near impossible. There is so much that changes in body development and skills from 15 to 18 and then continued development during college. Not to mention potential injuries and other set-backs. Is it worth keeping an eye on him because you were a fan of his dad, certainly and it can be fun to cheer him on, but it's definitely way too early to pass much judgement.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(03-28-2015, 06:00 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: Heres what I think… when he gets in trouble he holds the ball like a loaf of bread … wonder if he gets stripped a lot? …. to me it looks like the kid can play …. need some help with some minor mechanics adjustments…. seems to make quick as well as correct reads and gets the ball out fast.

just my 2 cents Smile
+1

Way too early, his name will get him into a moderate to decent school regardless of skill, so it could be fun to watch his progression.

Wow...pretty impressive for a 15yr old kid! He looks like a good athlete...I'd worry about that ball security like the others mentioned. Seemed to consistently under throw his WRs...not sure if that's a testament to their speed, or lack of arm strength, though that should improve with age. Seemed real accurate on the short and intermediate stuff, and it looked like he helped lead his WRs open. He ran a lot when he maybe could've waited and picked up more throwing the ball. But that's all nit-picky stuff when the guy is 15 lol. Looks like a good fit for one of the spread option schools in my humble opinion Smile

I admit that this question came from me thinking about how cool it would be to super collect a father and son (I'm sure folks have done this with the Mannings). Obviously, with the Alstotts, this wouldn't happen for a loooong time. But hey...it could happen.

Good feedback everybody. Thanks!
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

That would be pretty awesome!

Someone who's fifteen won't even have the same favorite color in a year. Look at him again in five years and see if he's even playing football.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(03-29-2015, 01:22 PM)jonathani Wrote: Someone who's fifteen won't even have the same favorite color in a year. Look at him again in five years and see if he's even playing football.
Party pooper! lol :p

(03-29-2015, 01:22 PM)jonathani Wrote: Someone who's fifteen won't even have the same favorite color in a year. Look at him again in five years and see if he's even playing football.
LoL!! Well, considering who his dad is I suspect that he'll play at least through college.