`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dear Byron Buxton ...

RE: Dear Byron Buxton ...
(03-30-2015, 12:02 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Jordan Schafer - 2015 All Star......book it!
Haha. I wonder how many OFs would have to get injured before that actually happened.
Kepler

Sheeeet, my man, you think you have it bad ... one of my great pulls ever (at the time) was when my LCS had four packs left of 2006 Bowman.

The owner said he didn't remember seeing the guaranteed auto being pulled yet, but would give me a deal on the last four packs because he couldn't say for sure.

As a Tigers fan, I was counting the days until they would call up Cameron Maybin.

As I'm opening the first pack, I tell him, "I'm a Tigers fan, they have this guy in the minors, Cameron Maybin ..."

And like the fifth card in the pack is the Maybin rookie auto! I was so excited I actually got, like, dizzy for a second.

And I waited for him to become a star. And waited. And waited. Then they traded him to Florida, and he really hasn't panned out since.

I'm not saying Buxton is the next Maybin, but at some point you have to figure there's a reason they're not bringing him up - either he really is overhyped, or the GM and his flunkies have their heads in their a--es.

The whole "he's not ready" thing is crap, too.

I'm sure Ken Griffey Jr., Robin Yount, Dwight Gooden and Bryce Harper weren't ready when they made their debuts at 19, but it worked out pretty good for them.

There's a point at which these front office types just overthink things to justify having their jobs, when the next/best/most obvious move for the betterment of the franchise is to play these young guys that have WAY more talent than the never-has-beens playing in front of them.

Either way, I'm sure he'll get his shot soon.

I wish the Twins still had Revere.

I'll take Schafer over Hicks but that's choosing between firm stool and the hershey squirts.

Im not spending a dime on this team though until that bigot Hunter is gone again. I told the team as much when they called me to sell me season tickets.
Is this thing on?

(03-31-2015, 11:47 AM)shivelycore Wrote: I wish the Twins still had Revere.
So do I..........

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(03-31-2015, 11:47 AM)shivelycore Wrote: I wish the Twins still had Revere.

I'll take Schafer over Hicks but that's choosing between firm stool and the hershey squirts.

Im not spending a dime on this team though until that bigot Hunter is gone again. I told the team as much when they called me to sell me season tickets.
Hahaha!

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]