`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your breakdown? Sticker vs On Card autos

RE: What is your breakdown? Sticker vs On Card autos
(03-24-2015, 05:59 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: Should there be a premium on patches? Grades? If an auto is just an auto, a card is just a card. They should all cost .99 with free shipping.
Seriously?....that makes absolutely no sense at all.
"Should there be a premium on patches? Grades?"

Obviously, if an auto card carries a patch also then the value increases due to aesthetics. This goes back to when patches were first used and sought after by everyone.
As for grades, if you understood that the true value of a card is ultimately it's condition, you would know that a card graded, by a reputable company, ensures the condition-based value of the card and therefore carries a premium. Otherwise you rely on the word of the other person's determination of condition. Usually inflated and incorrect.

Whether an auto is a sticker or an on-card makes no difference. An auto is an auto. PERIOD. I NEVER said an auto is JUST an auto.

(03-24-2015, 11:12 PM)Tsunamirider101 Wrote: Seriously?....that makes absolutely no sense at all.
"Should there be a premium on patches? Grades?"

Obviously, if an auto card carries a patch also then the value increases due to aesthetics. This goes back to when patches were first used and sought after by everyone.
As for grades, if you understood that the true value of a card is ultimately it's condition, you would know that a card graded, by a reputable company, ensures the condition-based value of the card and therefore carries a premium. Otherwise you rely on the word of the other person's determination of condition. Usually inflated and incorrect.

Whether an auto is a sticker or an on-card makes no difference. An auto is an auto. PERIOD. I NEVER said an auto is JUST an auto.
The point I was making is that a high quality card will carry a premium.

For example, a quality unique patch card will carry a premium

A highly graded card will carry a premium

AND

A quality autograph will carry a premium.

Getting a quality card with a sticker auto is much more difficult than an on the card auto.

- If the sticker doesn't go with the card design , that is a low quality card.
- If any of the letters in the signature are cut off because its a sticker, that is a low quality card.

This is all just my opinion. And I don't mind paying more for a quality on card auto.

My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(03-24-2015, 11:12 PM)Tsunamirider101 Wrote: Whether an auto is a sticker or an on-card makes no difference. An auto is an auto. PERIOD. I NEVER said an auto is JUST an auto.
Sorry … gotta disagree call it whining if you will ….but would you rather have a "Card" that the player actually had to touch to sign or just a roll of stickers that a panini worker attaches to a card the player most likely has never even seen?

Same thing with the auto jersey market…. would you be whining because a player signed a number that was later attached to the jersey or would you rather have the WHOLE jersey there at the signing?

"An auto is an auto. PERIOD. I NEVER said an auto is JUST an auto."
Didn't you just say what you claim you didn't say in the same sentence?…. lololololol

You think people don't pay a premium for on card over sticker then your just fooling yourself…. there is a reason why people won't buy "Sticker Dump" products…. I give you a hint as to why that is…. because Sticker Autos are inferior to On cards in this hobby…. it is the way it is

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(03-25-2015, 02:46 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: Sorry … gotta disagree call it whining if you will ….but would you rather have a "Card" that the player actually had to touch to sign or just a roll of stickers that a panini worker attaches to a card the player most likely has never even seen?

Same thing with the auto jersey market…. would you be whining because a player signed a number that was later attached to the jersey or would you rather have the WHOLE jersey there at the signing?

Didn't you just say what you claim you didn't say in the same sentence?…. lololololol

You think people don't pay a premium for on card over sticker then your just fooling yourself…. there is a reason why people won't buy "Sticker Dump" products…. I give you a hint as to why that is…. because Sticker Autos are inferior to On cards in this hobby…. it is the way it is

"Didn't you just say what you claim you didn't say in the same "sentence?…. lololololol

lololololol....did I say the word "JUST" SA?

As for on card.....guess what? over 50% of on card autos have some sort of handling damage (TOUCHED and dinged) to the card compared to sticker. This has been noticed even more lately in the market. Not only that but if an auto sticker is damaged, it can be replaced. Good luck trying to replace an on card auto with a smudge.
You're a fool to spend more for the EXACT SAME AUTO....but then again, a fool and his money is soon parted. To each their own.

And btw....if your sticker autos are "dump products", then I will buy all at " Dump product prices"....10% seems like a good and fair dump price.
LMK...Buying Wilson, Luck, Rodgers, Manning, and all Superstar RC Sticker Autos.

(03-25-2015, 06:08 AM)Tsunamirider101 Wrote: "An auto is an auto. PERIOD. I NEVER said an auto is JUST an auto."

"Didn't you just say what you claim you didn't say in the same "sentence?…. lololololol

lololololol....did I say the word "JUST" SA?

As for on card.....guess what? over 50% of on card autos have some sort of handling damage (TOUCHED and dinged) to the card compared to sticker. This has been noticed even more lately in the market. Not only that but if an auto sticker is damaged, it can be replaced. Good luck trying to replace an on card auto with a smudge.
You're a fool to spend more for the EXACT SAME AUTO....but then again, a fool and his money is soon parted. To each their own.

And btw....if your sticker autos are "dump products", then I will buy all at " Dump product prices"....10% seems like a good and fair dump price.
LMK...Buying Wilson, Luck, Rodgers, Manning, and all Superstar RC Sticker Autos.
So next time you go to a show or signing … you would be ok with it if the athlete handed you a pre-auto'd sticker and says ….

"Nah, Im not going to sign your jersey / card / or 8x10 …. you can just put this sticker on whichever item you want"

…. smh

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(03-24-2015, 11:12 PM)Tsunamirider101 Wrote: Obviously, if an auto card carries a patch also then the value increases due to aesthetics.
For me I prefer the aesthetics of an on card auto as opposed to a glaringly obvious sticker. If they disguise the sticker then I'm cool with that. So, for me, I would be willing to pay a slight premium for the aesthetics of an on card auto.

(03-24-2015, 11:12 PM)Tsunamirider101 Wrote: Obviously, if an auto card carries a patch also then the value increases due to aesthetics.
So you're saying that the value can increase due to aesthetics. Other people are saying that in most cases on-card autos are more aesthetically pleasing than sticker autos (aside from some well designed cards that hide the fact that they used a sticker auto). So to say you don't think there should be a premium is hypocrisy.
Aesthetics is nothing more than a beauty contest, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, thus added value due to aesthetics is purely up to one's opinion about how "beautiful" they find a card to be. Now everyone has different opinions about things, but there is a simple fact that can be drawn from all of this...many people are willing to pay more for an on-card autograph because they find it more aesthetically pleasing than a sticker autograph.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(03-25-2015, 06:08 AM)Tsunamirider101 Wrote: …. ...but then again, a fool and his money is soon parted. To each their own.
Which cliche am I?

" a fool and his money is soon parted" A fool for buying on card autos

or

"To each their own." I have a right to buy what I prefer

BTW - We're all fools. We spend money on cardboard.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(03-25-2015, 07:21 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: BTW - We're all fools. We spend money on cardboard.
I like to think I trade presidential cards for sports cards. I never had a chance to see any of these presidents president, so I do not have an emotional attachment to them like my preferred athletes. That might be why I keep my Bill Clinton $3 bill.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

I prefer the day when an auto on a card could actually reduce the value of a high priced rookie card. I really don't like the autograph craze for some reason.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]