Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade ettiquette - scenario for you

Trade ettiquette - scenario for you
Hi,

I'm sure this situation comes up all the time, so I wanted to find out the best way to handle the situation.

Trader A is looking for a particular card, and posts a thread about it. I respond saying that I have the card, and offer it up in a trade. The trader doesn't respond for a couple days.

Trader B adds said card to a trade and sends it over to me for counteroffer/acceptance.

Would the polite way to handle this be to go with Trader A, since I offered the card first to him?

Thanks,

Dana

RE: Trade ettiquette - scenario for you
I know ppl aren't on line all the time, but when they put a thread asking for something, I think it's their duty to check in from time to time, to see if any thing has changed. I personally have cancelled trades with ppl due to lack of communication. I actually had to track a guy down on Facebook, just to get his info, needless to say, that deal went down the tubes.

It happens, not a big deal imho. It's not a pleasant one but when it happens to me I just move on to the next opportunity and I usually end up landing the item sometime or another. I'm guessing it's not #/1 or anything, he/she can find it elsewhere, that's part of the fun of the hobby: the pursuit.

It's also hard to keep track of the ORG and what I have offered to traders on other sites so this happens from me from time to time.

When it happens to me, I just tell myself the aforementioned and move on. I don't remember any of the "ones that got away" so they usually only sting for a minute lol.

Only U.S. trading until further notice....

IMO, until a trade is accepted, the cards are fair game. There may be reasons why Trader A didn't respond right away, but is it really your job to guess why? Everybody is trying to get the best value for their cards, either in sale or trade. Sometimes better offers come your way.
A deal is a deal, but an offer is just that. Until it is accepted by both parties, it is not and should not be considered binding.
I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

I wouldn't think twice about it. If you send an offer and the other trader hasn't responded, too bad for him. I almost always have multiple trade offers on the go. In my mind, it's first come first served.

Do what's best for you. Me personally I don't care who makes an offer first. If the later trader has something I want more then that's the card I'm going to try to get.
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

if it's a trade with me, naturally trade whatever to me Smile Otherwise, as stated above, whichever offer works best for you.

I got one of the users who responded here mad at me for trading a card to someone else who replied to your thread a year ago lol. I had a person that needed the card and someone with a trade offer and some cards i wanted so went with the offer.
Pretty much trying to work on my YG PC.

Go with what works for you, it's a dog eat dog world. I've noticed ppl hold cards for some but not others. In the end ppl are going to do what benefits them the most, regardless of etiquette.