`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landon Donovan.....?! (Playoff Absolute - Fans of the Game AUTO)
Question 
Landon Donovan.....?! (Playoff Absolute - Fans of the Game AUTO)
Hello all! First post of many hopefully,
yesterday I was doing some random cleaning up and came across some old cards i had most of the others are of no mention, but i am dying to know more about this one in particular

2004 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Fans of the Game Autographs Landon Donovan #251
Featured here : http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=5320088

Pack was opened then the card immediately placed in a sleeve and hard case for 10+ years now, stored smoke free... Etc
Nonetheless it's in perfect shape.

1)How many of these are there and how can I look up such things when there is no serial # for once!?

2)Is it worth getting graded?

3) Any idea of the value ungraded and graded it would go for?

I seen one sold on ebay for 100 recently but cold trail on any information of substance...

Thank you all so much!

RE: Landon Donovan.....?! (Playoff Absolute - Fans of the Game AUTO)
If you would like to trade for it, I would be interested. Let me know what you are looking. Beckett does not have it listed in the 3 number value. Sorry I cannot disclose BV on here but you would be surprised its nowhere near the asking price in the website you have provided. I hope this sheds some light. Unfortunately there is no print run on this bad boy, I'm guessing Absolute would be the only ones with those figures. Here is the link to what Beckett has it valued at.
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2004/abs...an-4862857

Message me if you are interested in trading.

I'm a bit surprised with how low the bv is. I figured it would be a bit more. Since there is no stated print run, there is probably thousands of that card. The most recent ebay sales of that card was $32 on 2/1/15 (That price seems in line with the bv) and $100 on 2/10/15 (which was also the starting bid price, so you kinda have to take that into account). I would expect that you'd get around 30-40 upgraded and 55-65 graded (unless it's a prefect 10, then probably more). Grading also costs a pretty good amount of money so I doubt it's worth it. That being said, I would be very interested in trading for it if that's a route you might be interested in taking.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

Will keep in touch, you will laugh but most of my collecting nowadays is in modern comics...
Thank you for the information, i do feel there are NOT "thousands" of these, from what I've read probably 250-500 if that