`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My Abreu auto collection ... so far ... (New Card Update)

RE: My Abreu auto collection ... so far ...
(03-17-2015, 06:11 PM)demondukk Wrote: Good stuff!
(03-17-2015, 04:06 PM)aprirr Wrote: Very impressive collection, Doc!
(03-17-2015, 02:35 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Nice collection so far, Doc!!
(03-17-2015, 02:13 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Nice collection you have going there.
Thanks guys! I've got one more to add to the group. Should be in soon, I hope!
(03-17-2015, 06:10 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: As seems to be the theme, I had no idea you were collecting him.
Collection looks great.
(03-17-2015, 02:44 PM)greekgoony Wrote: Wow. Very nice! I had no idea you were collecting him
(03-17-2015, 02:15 PM)thepointguard_10 Wrote: Dr. Mitch, you are always coming up with these sneaky PC's that you unveil and wow us all with as a surprise! Great stuff my man!
Thanks! Yeah, I decided last year that I wasn't going to miss the Abreu boat like I missed the Trout boat the year or 2 before. Jose Abreu looks like he's the real deal. Hopefully he can keep putting up numbers like he did his rookie year! I also happen to like his autograph! He's not taking the lazy way out by initialing everything.
(03-17-2015, 04:15 PM)rob024420 Wrote: Impressive Doc. I really like the look of the Tek cards this year
Me too! I was surprised when I saw it in person ... Tek looks nicer than the photos!
(03-17-2015, 02:27 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Hmmm... it seems you've stolen some of my cards...
Then I'll have to return them to you some day soon. Smile
( assuming you were kidding and we weren't bidding against each other on these ... Because that would suck ... So I'll keep assuming until further notice .... But just in case, sorry man!)
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice collection!

Nice stuff and probably cost a few $$$. Best regards, David

Sweet Abreu cards. Such a beautiful sig.
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

(03-19-2015, 04:23 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: Sweet Abreu cards. Such a beautiful sig.
(03-19-2015, 12:45 PM)tigger0007 Wrote: Nice stuff and probably cost a few $$$. Best regards, David
(03-19-2015, 12:18 PM)cmherren2 Wrote: Nice collection!
Thanks folks! Yeah, love his sig, too!
In fact here's some more recent pickups! Maybe it's time to stop?
Nah!!!
[Image: 75EC725B-47A7-4F09-9E07-BD88C9F8B93E_zpsojtcjegd.jpg]
[Image: 5BDD8E9C-6F4A-4BE2-AD22-57E15E63ABB3_zpshk9cxk48.jpg]
Does anyone know why his 'nickname' is Yogi???
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: My Abreu auto collection ... so far ... (New Card Update)
Beautiful five star. It's funny you mention his sig. I think he has one of the most consistent signatures I have ever seen. If you put his cards side by side, his auto's differ so very little.

(03-24-2015, 05:53 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Beautiful five star. It's funny you mention his sig. I think he has one of the most consistent signatures I have ever seen. If you put his cards side by side, his auto's differ so very little.
Very True! It's as if he actually cares about his job! Smile The sign of a true professional. He's a freakin' millionaire, but I think that's a sign of respect to his fans. He doesn't make as much signing as he does playing, but he tries to do both with the same intensity. ... It's either that, or he has an amazing rubber stamper Smile
No disrespect intended, but I'm a little upset with the newer guys that can barely scribble their initials on the card! Babe Ruth never wrote his name on a baseball "BR" ... Look at beautiful Sigs ... Sandy Koufax, Mickey Mantle, Harmon Killebrew, Frank Robinson ... Heck, even a PED cheater like Jose Canseco never cheated a fan by scribbling a 'JC' on a card ... Sorry, Matt ... Turned your comment into a rant.

The five stars auto is very classy and as you stated before, the signing is just perfect.
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

(03-24-2015, 06:07 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Very True! It's as if he actually cares about his job! Smile The sign of a true professional. He's a freakin' millionaire, but I think that's a sign of respect to his fans. He doesn't make as much signing as he does playing, but he tries to do both with the same intensity. ... It's either that, or he has an amazing rubber stamper Smile
No disrespect intended, but I'm a little upset with the newer guys that can barely scribble their initials on the card! Babe Ruth never wrote his name on a baseball "BR" ... Look at beautiful Sigs ... Sandy Koufax, Mickey Mantle, Harmon Killebrew, Frank Robinson ... Heck, even a PED cheater like Jose Canseco never cheated a fan by scribbling a 'JC' on a card ... Sorry, Matt ... Turned your comment into a rant.
Not a problem. I agree with you 100%. I hate to say it, but one of my beloved Red Sox was doing it for a while. Xander Bogarts was just signing X Bogarts. Drove me insane because he doesn't have great penmanship to begin with so it looked like a lazy grade school kid did it.

(03-23-2015, 11:56 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thanks folks! Yeah, love his sig, too!
In fact here's some more recent pickups! Maybe it's time to stop?
Nah!!!
[Image: 75EC725B-47A7-4F09-9E07-BD88C9F8B93E_zpsojtcjegd.jpg]
[Image: 5BDD8E9C-6F4A-4BE2-AD22-57E15E63ABB3_zpshk9cxk48.jpg]
Does anyone know why his 'nickname' is Yogi???
Do you think it has to do with his name sounding like BooBoo from the Yogi Bear cartoons? That's all I got.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!