`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Case thoughts

Case thoughts
Just took the plunge on a case of Leaf Greatest Hits, which is due in late April. Two boxes with a guaranteed Jordan, LeBron or Jordan near mint to mint Fleer rookie, which is what I am hoping for. The case will yield 10 autos, including two original content cards and four buybacks.
The ad says ONLY the best names in the sport ... no mediocre players ... as in Exquisite with BJ Armstrong, Christian Laettner and Mark Jackson.
Any thoughts on the odds they will deliver. I paid a grand for the case. I would expect a Durant, Kobe, some strong patches and more than just a shadowbox of LJ or MJ.
Thoughts? I feel good considering there are just 100 cases, equaling 200 boxes and a thousand hits.

RE: Case thoughts
How much is it per case? That would be my first question. Depending on your hit(s) what is the likelihood you would get at least your money back?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

It was a little more than a grand. I spoke with the president of Leaf, and he said some boxes are better than others, but they are loaded. What would I expect him to say. I would love a Mint 9 Jordan rookie and a nice Kobe and Durant.

As long as there's one nice Jordan RC in one box this year, they've met their quota.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

There is a premium Jordan or LeBron or both. These are Upper Deck buybacks. I still would rather have the Fleer rookie, but I bet you there are only 10 or so of those.

If things are as described above, however, they need only insert one Jordan RC total. That way everybody gets a "Jordan, LeBron or Jordan near mint to mint Fleer rookie". Only one person has to pull a Jordan RC. They don't need to insert 10 of them, unless the box says something different.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Yep, I read it the same way. Here is how Leaf describes the cases:
"Sealed cases promise either a Michael Jordan or LeBron James autograph or a graded Michael Jordan rookie card in NRMT or better."
Thus most cases will probably have some low end Lebron or Jordan autograph (think $300 or less in resale value). Not only that, but they don't state who the grading company was for the Jordan card(s). That is what I hate about repacked "grab bag" style products. They leave as much ambiguity as possible in their advertisements to try and get more people to buy the products. A few people will get lucky, but most people will get less than they paid for. Best of luck with your case though.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Got to pay to play. Any Jordan is a good Jordan. LeBron ... not so much. A dual would be very nice. You have to figure there will be Kobes, Durants, Westbrooks and other big names. I just don't want scrubs to find their way in, but I imagine it will have its share.

I always stay away from products like this that have popped up in the hobby these last few years. It's just not worth it, IMO. They advertise all the "holy grail" pulls but really what are the odds that you will pull it in your box? Nonetheless, I wish you the best of luck and hope you pull whatever card it is that you desire.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

so 100 cases...one of which contains a fleer Jordan bgs 7 or better. the other 75 contains an auto LeBron and 24 with a Jordan auto. hmmmmmmmmmmm....

I do bust the leaf best of cases and the retro rookies, and I do enjoy the chase...but some of those cases are brutal.

best of luck to you! hope you have fun busting!