`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Kris Bryant = IMPRESSIVE

RE: Kris Bryant = IMPRESSIVE
Mike Trout is the reigning AL MVP at age 22.

Kris Bryant is only five months younger than Trout, almost to the day.

So Kris has a loooonnnggg way to go before he's in Mike Trout's class.

[Image: 13bryant-L.jpg]
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

(03-16-2015, 04:36 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Guys, can we please wait to compare Bryant to Trout until he's played in a major league game? I know he's a phenom, but he still has yet to see (real) big league play. There's a million different things that can go wrong transitioning from the minors to the majors and there's only one Mike Trout.

That wasn't a dig at you, btw. I deal with this offline all day as well.
+1

Kris Bryant is a rare talent, but so is bryce Harper who is still I only 22. Bryce harpers transition was tough, but he had an unbelievable spring 2 years ago and what happened. He came out the gate swing and started to blow up before he got injuried.

I'm not going to say who is better because everyone is always going to go with the next best thing and start bashing bryce Harper. I still think harper is going to be a beast for a long time to come. Bryant is going to be really good but I'm with matt let's see how he does during the season when the games count.

Another side note

Joc Pederson, wil Myers and George springer put up the same style numbers in the minors as bryant and look what happen when they came up. Joc didn't hit above .200. Springer 20 plus homers with a .220 BA, and myers solid rc campaign but nothing earth shattering. Then his sophomore season was horrible...

Not saying bryant will follow in their footsteps but history is definitely against him.

That's just my take. I'm a fan of bryant and I hope he blows up but I'm not comparing him to trout. There is no question trout is in a league of his own.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

(03-16-2015, 04:47 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Mike Trout is the reigning AL MVP at age 22.

Kris Bryant is only five months younger than Trout, almost to the day.

So Kris has a loooonnnggg way to go before he's in Mike Trout's class.
Thank you. Mike Trout is just a tad ahead of Bryant in the career column.
(03-16-2015, 04:49 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: +1

Kris Bryant is a rare talent, but so is bryce Harper who is still I only 22. Bryce harpers transition was tough, but he had an unbelievable spring 2 years ago and what happened. He came out the gate swing and started to blow up before he got injuried.

I'm not going to say who is better because everyone is always going to go with the next best thing and start bashing bryce Harper. I still think harper is going to be a beast for a long time to come. Bryant is going to be really good but I'm with matt let's see how he does during the season when the games count.

Another side note

Joc Pederson, wil Myers and George springer put up the same style numbers in the minors as bryant and look what happen when they came up. Joc didn't hit above .200. Springer 20 plus homers with a .220 BA, and myers solid rc campaign but nothing earth shattering. Then his sophomore season was horrible...

Not saying bryant will follow in their footsteps but history is definitely against him.

That's just my take. I'm a fan of bryant and I hope he blows up but I'm not comparing him to trout. There is no question trout is in a league of his own.
+1. There's literally hundreds of examples to be shown here where prospects fall far short of expectations. I don't believe Bryant will, but I dont believe we should be comparing him to Mr. Trout either. This is why prospecting gets out of hand as well. People start throwing names in the mix with Trout and Kershaw and end up spending (wasting) tens of thousands of dollars on guys who have never played an inning of big league ball. The above mentioned by Richard are all really good examples if guys who were the next big thing. While I think some of them will recover, they wont recover to the point that anyone will see a profit on their investments.

(03-16-2015, 04:36 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Guys, can we please wait to compare Bryant to Trout until he's played in a major league game? I know he's a phenom, but he still has yet to see (real) big league play. There's a million different things that can go wrong transitioning from the minors to the majors and there's only one Mike Trout.

That wasn't a dig at you, btw. I deal with this offline all day as well.
Yeah, I wouldn't go that far as to compare him to Trout quite so soon. However it will make a good argument if he is tearing the cover off the ball with the Cubs this year. You know Joe Maddon is not sending him back to AAA. He loves giving your talent a chance. Glad I got his 2009 Bowmam AFLAC Auto a few months ago. I sold his 2013 Bowman Chrome Auto I pulled from Bowman Platinum. Hope I don't regret that.

(03-17-2015, 07:04 AM)joba the clark Wrote: Yeah, I wouldn't go that far as to compare him to Trout quite so soon. However it will make a good argument if he is tearing the cover off the ball with the Cubs this year. You know Joe Maddon is not sending him back to AAA. He loves giving your talent a chance. Glad I got his 2009 Bowmam AFLAC Auto a few months ago. I sold his 2013 Bowman Chrome Auto I pulled from Bowman Platinum. Hope I don't regret that.
That Aflac rc is an awesome card to have. I do think your going to regret selling the Bowman Chrome, atleast in the immediate future. His cards have really started to climb over the past 3 weeks. It's funny because his cards went so stale by the time Bowman Chrome came out, they were on a downward spiral. Now, a few at bats into the preseason and I'm getting calls to grab as many Kris Bryant auto's I can for people.