Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Michael Downs Show April 18th

RE: Michael Downs Show April 18th
less than 48 hours away
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

I went to this show.

It was my first ever card show of any kind so I was unsure of what to expect.

I was there for maybe 45 minutes at the most. I only went to see what it was like and if anyone had anything I could possibly buy to make a few bucks on.

I met a guy who had contacted me via Craigslist about some of the graded items I had. It was nice to meet him in-person and put a face with a name.

My action came when I was standing next to a guy trying to sell a dealer 3x 1981 Topps Joe Montana RC's, a 1986-87 Fleer Jordan RC, and a few other nice vintage cards. The dealer in question wouldn't buy anything he had. The 2 out of the 3 Montana's were really off-centered and the nicest one he had was maybe an 8 or 8.5 I had my higher-end 9.0 with me to compare it to. The Jordan RC was legit and I bought it from the guy knowing my offer had me in the green with another buyer even with it raw.

I left after that as I had an appointment to go look at a large football lot in McKinney.

I may go back to the next show here in town to see if I can get a repeat performance and stay a little longer.

Nate:

I'm at the front taking admissions. Please introduce yourself to me next time Smile

For our next show on May 16th. I'll start a thread soon enough but we will have Warren Newson as a definitive guest from 2 to 4 (one free with admission and $3 for extras) and we are continuing to presume Nomar Mazara, star Rangers prospect will also be there. Until we have a definitive confirmation we will be calling this probable. And yes there will be a charge for Nomar

Beckett Media has also indicated they will take a table or two for selling books, magazines and accepting grading submissions. This is NOT Beckett Grading so the rep can't answer nitty-gritty grading questions.

Rich
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.