`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be on the lookout (pic added) it arrived!

RE: Be on the lookout
(03-16-2015, 07:54 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: +1 That's good to know. Doc, I hope you don't think that I was being overly critical of YOUR card. I Truly meant no disrespect.
None taken, my friend! Even if you were being critical of a card, I don't care, it's only a card. I don't take critism of my possessions personally. Smile I'm not THAT thin skinned.Smile ... And you're comment was very valid, IMO. How much more awesome would that card look if he signed it in silver? The blue on black looks better in person, but it doesn't "pop" like a lighter color on a dark field, or a darker color on a lighter field. Either one would have been more perfect!
(03-16-2015, 08:17 AM)1969metsfan Wrote: That's a great looking card, IMHO.
My sole redemption, 2014 Bowman Chrome Franklin Barreto Gold Refractor Auto, is currently due to arrive 17Mar. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks and good luck! That should be a sharp looking card!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-16-2015, 08:45 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: None taken, my friend! Even if you were being critical of a card, I don't care, it's only a card. I don't take critism of my possessions personally. Smile I'm not THAT thin skinned.Smile ... And you're comment was very valid, IMO. How much more awesome would that card look if he signed it in silver? The blue on black looks better in person, but it doesn't "pop" like a lighter color on a dark field, or a darker color on a lighter field. Either one would have been more perfect!
OR red ink on the dark surface.

I would have added color, but I don't remember how.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(03-16-2015, 10:06 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: OR red ink on the dark surface.
I would have added color, but I don't remember how.
I'm really not a huge fan of the red ink ... It's 50/50 at best ....
I got My softball buddy and ex-MLB'er Dan Pfister ('61-64 KC A's) hooked up with Topps to sign for 2013 Heritage. His signing area of his 64 card is pretty dark and the red ink didn't look all that great. (Due to the red Uniform, too ... Which I misremembered) Smile Shantz looks great w/blue ... Freese is 60/40, IMO
[Image: B85624AC-7214-4865-BBD3-D3A60E017A24-110...4aa541.jpg]
It works 50/50 here;
[Image: null_zps50e9ddbe.jpg]
And here ... But you can't see the serial # in red
[Image: null_zps49700a97.jpg]
If I were Topps, even though it would look less authentic, I'd slightly tone down and lighten the color saturation in the signing area of certain Heritage cards. They make a special printing for them, so how much time and effort would it be?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Be on the lookout (pic added) it arrived!
Yeah, you're right about the red ink.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!