`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Do you think I can get this made right?

Do you think I can get this made right?
I went to a local shop a few days back that is moving, and they were having a sale. I ended up picking up 2 boxes of Historic Autographs Ball of Fame II.These contain an autographed ball, with a PSA/DNA coa and business sized card announcing the player you got on it. Anyways here's my problem:

I opened one of the boxes and pulled out the ball, and it has a very clear auto of Gaylord Perry. But the COA holo doesn't match the one on the ball. Furthermore, the card states the ball is autographed by "FERGIE JENKINS".

Do you think there is a way to fix this?
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

RE: Do you think I can get this made right?
Absolutely. Send it in to PSA explaining where you got it. They will either re-authenticate it or just issue a new set of matching holograms and paperwork. Id contact the distributer first though to see if they'll absorb the cost of all of this though. You shouldn't be the one to pay.

Lol I'd just take it back to the card shop.

(03-01-2015, 10:13 AM)altz11 Wrote: Lol I'd just take it back to the card shop.
While that seems reasonable, most shop owners are most likely going to tell you what I just did. They didnt make the product and it's up to the consumer to take up their issues with the card or merchandise companies. You cant bring your box of cards in to a dealer and complain when you get a missing hit. You contact the card company.

Why would Fergie Jenkins sign Gaylord Perry's name on a ball?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(03-01-2015, 08:34 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: I went to a local shop a few days back that is moving, and they were having a sale. I ended up picking up 2 boxes of Historic Autographs Ball of Fame II.These contain an autographed ball, with a PSA/DNA coa and business sized card announcing the player you got on it. Anyways here's my problem:

I opened one of the boxes and pulled out the ball, and it has a very clear auto of Gaylord Perry. But the COA holo doesn't match the one on the ball. Furthermore, the card states the ball is autographed by "FERGIE JENKINS".

Do you think there is a way to fix this?

I'm sure if you reached out to the right sources.... they can fix it for you.....

I do hope that sounds much better for EVERYONE !!!
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

(03-01-2015, 11:13 AM)rollx8 Wrote: I'd say go play baseball with the Gaylord Perry auto baseball......

Who collects Gaylord Perry ?

Would it truly add any extra value to your collection by allowing it to take up space in place of something better?

Look on "the Bay" at his stuff ..... Filter it by auctions ending soonest & you'll see no one is bidding on his cards, autos, etc..... You may see a few slim pickings but that's it.....

it's not worth the time/investment/trouble.....At least it will make for a great story like that movie the sandlot where the little kids play baseball with the Babe Ruth autographed ball but in this case you can say you/you & kids/little league team would be cool too...... that played baseball with a Gaylord Perry autographed baseball....... Trust me you'll add more value to what you got by doing that
What happens if he really likes Gaylord Perry? I have a few high graded rc's of his. They're fairly valuable.

If it's something you want made correct and want it for your pc then get in touch with PSA/DNA they're fairly customer friendly.

rollx8 > Did Gaylord Perry pee in your cheerios this morning?

(03-01-2015, 11:13 AM)rollx8 Wrote: I'd say go play baseball with the Gaylord Perry auto baseball......

Who collects Gaylord Perry ?

Would it truly add any extra value to your collection by allowing it to take up space in place of something better?

Look on "the Bay" at his stuff ..... Filter it by auctions ending soonest & you'll see no one is bidding on his cards, autos, etc..... You may see a few slim pickings but that's it.....

it's not worth the time/investment/trouble.....At least it will make for a great story like that movie the sandlot where the little kids play baseball with the Babe Ruth autographed ball but in this case you can say you/you & kids/little league team would be cool too...... that played baseball with a Gaylord Perry autographed baseball....... Trust me you'll add more value to what you got by doing that
HOFer, Cy Young winner (twice), over 300 wins, over 3000 strikeouts, pitched a no-hitter, not to mention 5 times all-star...you're right though nobody collects players like that. Rather than looking at ending soon auctions, why not look at the over 2,000 recently sold auctions. Sure his autograph isn't worth as much as a lot of big names (typically an auto ball of his goes for around $20), but there are still plenty of people that want one.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I, for one, collect Gaylord Perry as I would any other Hall of Famer. I've already got his auto though.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html