`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Finally got a good box of '14 Bowman Chrome

Finally got a good box of '14 Bowman Chrome
I have purchased seven jumbo boxes of the '14 Bowman Chrome and until today the five autos per box have been so-so. Purchased another box today and got a Julio Urias which books pretty nicely and also finally pulled a Kris Bryant auto - which definitely pleased me. I do have a question on another card. I pulled a 1 0f 1 Shae Simmons cyan printing plate #PS-SS. I can't find this in the Beckett checklist. They show a BC prospect SP card with the #PS-SS but no printing plates. They do list the printing plates for the non-SP card. Any ideas why the plates aren't listed? Thanks ahead for any helpful comments.
It does no good to get on the right track if you are headed in the wrong direction.
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af111/baseballmason1958/st_louis_ca
rdinals_towel-1.jpg[/img]

RE: Finally got a good box of '14 Bowman Chrome
Nothing more than an ooops by Beckett or the list that Topps sent to them didn't have those plates.

Isn't there a rumor that every box with a Bryant has a Urias in it too?
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

(03-01-2015, 12:35 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: Isn't there a rumor that every box with a Bryant has a Urias in it too?
I haven't heard that but I was more than happy that both were in my box! On another note concerning my original post, the Simmons printing plate is of the SP/variant/error (not sure which). The plate I have is the cyan. Simmons' name does not show on the plate. Is the name produced with another color(s) in the printing process or is the fact that the name is missing the error?

It does no good to get on the right track if you are headed in the wrong direction.

(03-01-2015, 02:08 PM)baseballmason Wrote: I haven't heard that but I was more than happy that both were in my box! On another note concerning my original post, the Simmons printing plate is of the SP/variant/error (not sure which). The plate I have is the cyan. Simmons' name does not show on the plate. Is the name produced with another color(s) in the printing process or is the fact that the name is missing the error?

Here is a pic of the regular Simmons and a picture of the plate I pulled. Is there supposed to be the player name on the plate?

[Image: 100_2336.jpg]

That doesn't look like the same person.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Nice pulls!

Congrats on the Bryant!!
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

definitely not Simmons on the plate. They would use the same exact pic it will just be reversed on the plate. Those pics are in no way identical thus can't be the same player.

Also notice the lack of the 1st logo on the plate

It is the printing plate of the SP photo VAR

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Bowman-Chro...234c13d0d4
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint