`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Sad News about Josh Hamilton hitting the wires

Possible Sad News about Josh Hamilton hitting the wires
Looks like several media outlets are reporting that he has some discipline coming from the league and it is not PED related. One story has said that he turned himself in after a relapse.

Of course all is just speculation, and I do sincerely hope he gets his life on track. Amazing talent for sure, I won't ever forget watching the 2008 HR Derby with my son who was 8 years old at the time. Still gives me chills to go back and watch it today!

Also, remember in 2012 he was still with the Rangers at the time and signed at a Rays game in Tampa for the longest time before a game.

Get well soon Josh!
Thanks,
- Steve

RE: Possible Sad News about Josh Hamilton hitting the wires
It sucks to see such talent get wasted by drugs and/or alcohol! I hope he can get his stuff together and be a productive Ballplayer again.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I think its all over for Josh now. Rangers picked him up and kept him clean but I was thinking once they let him go he might revert and go back to his old ways if the new team didnt keep track of him. I would rather be proven wrong than right. He was one of my favorite Rangers to watch.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Time to sell my '99 Bowman chrome RC!!

Joke aside, it's a pain to see such an athlete drifting away from the stadium.
Hope he'll get right soon.
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

Definitely unfortunate to see this. Guy has a lot of talent and can definitely put on a show. I have to say though, I'm not surprised if it's substance abuse again. I've suspected it ever since he's been with the Angels. I hope for his sake he can get things turned around and back on track. I hate to hear anything like this about anyone.

I feel bad for him. He's been having problems since he went to LA and I imagine that the criticisms about his game pushed him over the edge. He's a recovering addict and he gave in to his demons. I have more sympathy for someone like that than I do someone who uses PED's or cheats the game. Yeah he let his teammates down but he didn't get in a crash and kill anyone or harm anyone else (that we know of). I hope when further details come out it shows that he sought help freely and not when he was about to pee in a cup.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

All of the best heroes are flawed heroes that overcome their weaknesses.
I've never had any addictions other than ripping wax, oxygen, water & food, but I would hope that given the choice over illegal drugs (or legal drugs like alcohol) or playing MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL .... Baseball would totally win or at least supplant the need for drugs until my playing career was over. Again, I know it's a problem that he has, but I just couldn't imagine anything that would give me a higher 'high' than putting one over the right field bleachers to the roar (or boos and hisses at a visitor's park) of the crowd.
Hopefully he can wrestle the demons, put them back in the darkness, and restore the faith of his fans and become a hero to them once more.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.