`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kinda need advice on Bowman Black

Kinda need advice on Bowman Black
I am going back and forth on buying a Bowman Black Collection Autograph of a certain player instead of the Bowman Chrome Base Auto of the same player. The Bowman Black Autos are serial numbered to 25 and are super tough to pull but they are inserts. Which would you rather have? For argument sake we will say the player is Xander Bogaerts. The price is within $10 of each other. Which would you rather? Bowman Black Auto or Bowman Chrome Auto?

RE: Kinda need advice on Bowman Black
I would go with Chrome. I just think the chrome looks better and the auto has less chance of smudging, which I have seen a lot on Bowman Black. But, if you don't want either, send one my way!
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

If the price is that close then I'm buying the Bowman Black just because its /25 so its rarer. It's an insert yeah but it's still Bowman and it will carry more weight than the base auto.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

(02-25-2015, 08:11 PM)Odyssey Wrote: If the price is that close then I'm buying the Bowman Black just because its /25 so its rarer. It's an insert yeah but it's still Bowman and it will carry more weight than the base auto.
+1.

There is only 25 of the Black so grab it now, plenty of time to find a more plentiful base at a later date.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Yeah...I just bought it. Thanks for the last minute advice. I was watching this for 3 weeks, it got relisted 2 times with no bids so I had to grab it. I sold my Bogaerts Bowman Chrome Prospect Auto a few months ago for $6 more than I paid for this one. I have been looking for another one for a while and I think this is a good replacement.
[Image: bogaerts%20bowman_zpsylhgkgaq.jpg]

Bowman black all day. I don't get the chrome hype, and am perfectly happy buying better looking and cheaper autos and letting the chromies fight over the bland base autos for crazy $.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Pretty card! Which year was it released?
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

(02-26-2015, 06:00 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: Pretty card! Which year was it released?
2012, so it is a first year prospect card.

I love the look of the Bowman Black autos. With the silver signature, they really pop. I've got 2 or 3 of them and they're among my favorite cards in my collection. I even like them better than the gold version - Victory (I think) - and those are /10.

I think you made a good call.
Kepler