`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fan fest pickups - Share yours!

Fan fest pickups - Share yours!
I just got back from the dbacks fan fest and had a blast, met a few players but didn't get any IP autos. Got the Chris Young autographed baseball for 10 bucks for my man cave and 2 Goldy cards for 20.00. Also got a Goldy photo from a friend of the family for free!

The relic is an /10 and the auto is an /25 - 20 for both

[Image: 2356_zpssouaksdn.jpg][Image: 563_zpsw0o5xqic.jpg]
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

RE: Fan fest pickups - Share yours!
I like Chris Young's sig. Nice Goldys.

What a steal on the Goldys!
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

I went to the Rays Fanfest and got a Spring Training worn jersey from 2010, #37 Johnson. At first I thought it was Dan or Elliott Johnson, but neither wore #37, so I am not sure. Still happy though, as my last name is Johnson and I'm 37 years old (so it was calling to me).
I bought a bunch of random Rays stuff from their "garage sale", such as a hat, some shirts, and couple bobble heads. I also got an autograph ball of Ryan Hanigan out of a mystery bag, a Yankees vs. Rays scorecard, and a bunch of autographed 8x10s from the mystery envelopes they had in the Ted Williams museum for $5 a piece. The best of the 8x10s were Monte Irvin, Fergie Jenkins, George Foster, and Sparky Lyle (which I got 2 of). Finally just before leaving my we played the ring toss game for a chance to win a used bottle of champagne from the 2013 playoffs, and my wife managed to win one.
I didn't land any in person autos, but I did get to see Evan Longoria and the whole family had fun (which hopefully means my wife and kids will want to go again next year).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-22-2015, 06:31 PM)wordsense Wrote: I like Chris Young's sig. Nice Goldys.
Yeah me too nice and clean!
(02-22-2015, 06:34 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: What a steal on the Goldys!
He wanted 45 but only had a 20 on me so he said ok lol, even got his spring break base card for free with it
(02-22-2015, 06:37 PM)djohn Wrote: I went to the Rays Fanfest and got a Spring Training worn jersey from 2010, #37 Johnson. At first I thought it was Dan or Elliott Johnson, but neither wore #37, so I am not sure. Still happy though, as my last name is Johnson and I'm 37 years old (so it was calling to me).
I bought a bunch of random Rays stuff from their "garage sale", such as a hat, some shirts, and couple bobble heads. I also got an autograph ball of Ryan Hanigan out of a mystery bag, a Yankees vs. Rays scorecard, and a bunch of autographed 8x10s from the mystery envelopes they had in the Ted Williams museum for $5 a piece. The best of the 8x10s were Monte Irvin, Fergie Jenkins, George Foster, and Sparky Lyle (which I got 2 of). Finally just before leaving my we played the ring toss game for a chance to win a used bottle of champagne from the 2013 playoffs, and my wife managed to win one.
I didn't land any in person autos, but I did get to see Evan Longoria and the whole family had fun (which hopefully means my wife and kids will want to go again next year).
Sound like you got your Money's worth for sure! It's so much fun to just get out there and meet other fans and some of the players! We had Aaron Hill, Bronson Arroyo, and Mark Trumbo jamming down on stage and I must say they were pretty Damn good!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Nice cards! They have their fanfest pretty late. Tigers have theirs at the end of January, which sucks because it's January, in Michigan, at the stadiumSad Soooo cold most times. They used to have it indoors at Joe Louis Arena (Redwings home) which was awesome but they stopped doing it there about 7 or 8 years ago.

Nice steal on those Goldys! $10 for the Young was also a great price. The baseball itself costs more than that.

I got a couple things at Cubs Convention.

Joe Maddon & Jason Hammel balls - Maddon IP and Hammel was a "mystery" ball for charity
[Image: 20150119_140439.jpg]

And of course, the best part of the convention for me, Junior Lake on a GU bat
[Image: 20150117_163236.jpg]
[Image: 20150117_162445-1.jpg]

Wish there had been a dealer of cards there, but there was mainly guys selling over-priced memorabilia.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

(02-23-2015, 08:50 AM)glassnickels Wrote: Nice steal on those Goldys! $10 for the Young was also a great price. The baseball itself costs more than that.

I got a couple things at Cubs Convention.

Joe Maddon & Jason Hammel balls - Maddon IP and Hammel was a "mystery" ball for charity
[Image: 20150119_140439.jpg]
Nice Joe Maddon auto. They had a ton of his stuff on sale at the Rays FanFest, along with David Price and Wil Myers stuff. Most of their nice autographed stuff was gone before I got to it, but I did grab bobble heads for Myers and Price.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Those Fan Fest days sound so cool.
I would like to attend to one of those.
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

Nice pickups!!! great looking autos!! congrats!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s