`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
question about sealed box odds

question about sealed box odds
If a sealed hobby box says you get 3 autos. Does that mean you have a chance at more but guaranteed at least that many ?

Also from experience how many of those guaranteed auto's are colored compared to run of the mill base auto's ?

RE: question about sealed box odds
Nothings guaranteed my friend. The vast majority will have the stated amount but a few will end up with less, and a few will end up with more.
The odds on the color variations are all different for every parallel in every product.

Technically, you are guaranteed at least that many. If you pull less, you can contact the manufacturer and they will send you a missing hit, if possible.

I have missed a hit and sent in the info requested on the website..happened 2X with Topps..they sent the hit(s) within 1 week..

Things have changed and in todays market, if it says guaranteed x amount of hits and you receive less, the card companies will honor the guarantee.

I guess my question is what are the odds of getting more than the guaranteed hits

(02-22-2015, 10:08 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: I guess my question is what are the odds of getting more than the guaranteed hits
Very slim at best with products from Topps.

The only time I have gotten more than the guaranteed number of autos is with Bowman, Bowman Chrome and Bowman Draft with either the Blue Wave/Black Wave Hot Packs or the AFLAC Perfect Game or Under Armour Autos. Every other box I have ever bought I have either gotten the exact amount I was supposed to or less than what I was supposed to. One time I bought a box of 2013 Bowman Jumbo from Blowout and got zero autographs, the box guaranteed 3. And of course Topps sent me the 3 worst autographs in the set as replacements. Last story short, you are guaranteed nothing, odds are you will pull base autographs or relics of what is stated on the box. Color usually fall 2 to 4 per case depending on the product.
(02-22-2015, 10:08 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: I guess my question is what are the odds of getting more than the guaranteed hits
Depends on the product, with Bowman, Bowman Chrome or Bowman Draft it usually happens one box per one and half cases and that is by design not an error by Topps with Blue/Black Wave Hot Packs and AFLAC, Perfect Game or Under Armour Autos. Every other Topps product the odds are about 10,000 to 1 that you are going to get more than is stated on the box. I have seen it happen but it is rare with Topps.

I have only had 2 times where I didnt get what was promised. First time was 2001 leaf rookie and stars in football. My LCS contacted donruss and they sent me a 2001 donruss presidential 2/3 Frank Robinson gu bat with auto. The 2nd time was Topps I didnt worry too much about it because I pulled 3 short print cards in 2010 out of the same box. Roger Maris, Ty Cobb, Strasburg

I would say guaranteed means guaranteed. contact them if you didnt get the hit but if you are satisfied with the box don't go through the hassle.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]