`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about racing cards

Question about racing cards
Did anyone ever produce Formula 1 cards? Does anyone do it now?
Courtney Hawkins Supercollector
Always looking for ones we need!
58 cards needed for 1 of each unique card made! (Non 1/1's)

RE: Question about racing cards
I don't have a complete answer for you. I know there are F1 cards out there, but most that I know of were parts of other combined racing league sets. As far as I know, there are no racing cards of ANY kind being produced right now. IndyCar/IRL cards were made in 2007 by Rittenhouse, but all cards of those drivers since then have only been in Press Pass Legends (PPL) sets. I think the PPL sets contained some of the F1 drivers too. That would be a good set list to check for them. Back in the late-80's and early-90's, there were lots of random sets/releases that may have contained F1 drivers mixed in with IndyCar, Drag Racing, Off-Road, etc.

The last company to produce a F1 set that I know of was futera. the last set was 2007 i think. THEY did it for at leasta couple of years. maybe even before that. Also in 1991 and 1992 there was a set called grid that did f1. plain cards i.e. pro set.

the only f1 drivers in ppl are juan pablo montoya, mario and michael andretti but none pictured in their f1 gear.

CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

Gotcha, that's a shame. I just got into F1 over the course of the last couple of years. It's a sport that doesn't get a whole lot of love here in the states. Thanks for the responses guys! Appreciate the help.
Courtney Hawkins Supercollector
Always looking for ones we need!
58 cards needed for 1 of each unique card made! (Non 1/1's)

I have a box of F1 cards from 1991 in my desk downstairs. I think I opened one pack, but the rest are sealed to the best of my knowledge. I also have lots of memorabilia from my trips to Canada, Belgium, Spain, Korea, Indy, and Austin. Let me know if you want to chat about it or if you might be interested in trading for some of it.