`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here! Need help sending cards to Beckett!

New here! Need help sending cards to Beckett!
I know I know, you're all sick of people asking the same questions here in the forum when it comes to noobs like myself learning how to submit to Beckett. I've done research on how to send in cards/ the best & cheapest ways etc, but it just ends up confusing me more. I need your help.

I have a 1-3 cards I want to send in (not worth too much, more sentimental, and all hockey cards). I will most likely be sending in a 13/14 UD Young Guns rookie card of Filip Forsberg. As for the rest, I'm still thinking. So... How do I do this? I know I have to fill out a form with all the info, and I believe i enclose that inside the package containing the card & payment yes? Then what? I'm most confused about shipping. Do I have to use their fed ex shipping? Can I send it via USPS? How much in total would it cost for me to ship my one card from LA to their Texas center (and do they charge you for when they ship it back?) What's the difference between a card saver 1 and a standard toploader, do you recommend one over the other?

I appreciate all the advice I can get. All of this doesn't usually come as easy to us girls!

Thanks.
Jesus Christ I just found out the minimum you have to pay to have your cards shipped back to you is $14...... Why couldn't they just use USPS first class or regular priority? Wow

RE: New here! Need help sending cards to Beckett!
Yes, it's $14 to have cards shipped back. That's why it's always a good idea to send in as many cards as possible so that the overall price per card to get graded goes down. If you only send in one card to be graded, you could end up paying 25-30 or more with the shipping, insurance, grading fees and return shipping.

But as for packaging the card/s;
Fill out the form.
Put each card in a penny sleeve and then inside a card saver.
Take two pieces of cardboard and sandwhich the card (up to around 20 cards) in between each piece of cardboard and then either lightly tape the cardboard or wrap rubber bands around it so the cards don't slide out.
I always wrap the cards with bubble paper so there is absolutely no movement during transit.
Put the filled out form WITH payment inside a box with the cardboard wrapped cards.
Put either bubble paper or peanuts inside the box so cards won't get damaged in transit. Paper shreddings or old newspaper would work also. Tape the box well.
I always send cards to BGS using USPS. I have never bought insurance through usps either. Some people do, I don't.

The post office will tell you how much it will cost you to send your package. But price depends on size and weight of package. For 3 or less cards, try to use very small box. If you know a rough estimate of the weight of your package, you can actually check on the usps website to see about how much it would cost to ship to Dallas.