`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1999 Edge Millennium Blue cards

1999 Edge Millennium Blue cards
Anyone know the back story on the 1999 Edge Millennium Blue cards? I've purchased several factory sets over the years and they're all red... were the blues a special purchase, limited release set or did they just mix it up and throw a few blue sets out there? I also seem to remember seeing all the inserts available in Millennium versions, but if so I haven't seen them in a long while... did they release the inserts as well?
I wish I'd paid attention to HSN back in the day...
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

RE: 1999 Edge Millennium Blue cards
The inserts were not a part of the set. The Advantage Blue may not exist. Did you buy the Fury on eBay
? I was staring at it for half an hour and decided not to drop the $30 for it.

From what I recall, the Millennium set was issued around the time of the Super Bowl. I thought they sold it at the NFL Experience. I cannot recall the difference between the blue and red sets, but pretty sure it was announced from the get go.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

The blue is a parallel set. It may be just a little rarer than the red base.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

(02-18-2015, 06:56 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: The inserts were not a part of the set. The Advantage Blue may not exist. Did you buy the Fury on eBay
? I was staring at it for half an hour and decided not to drop the $30 for it.

From what I recall, the Millennium set was issued around the time of the Super Bowl. I thought they sold it at the NFL Experience. I cannot recall the difference between the blue and red sets, but pretty sure it was announced from the get go.
No, 30 bucks is robbery. Also to the point of them being a little rarer, they're much rarer... just not enough to warrant what some are trying to charge for them.
I used to laugh at HSN back in the day, but as it turns out they actually released some mid to late 90's stuff that is seriously HTF. Edge killed themselves with licensing complete parallel sets for them, but the people who bought the product either lost them or put them in the attic.

-- WANT LIST LINK --

blues used to be almost as common as reds on ebay, but that was before beckett caught up and assigned low values on them (people thought the blues and reds were worth more than the base)

i used to hoard one player from the set, and bought all the reds and blues i could find....i believe that blues were produced about half as much as reds, maybe 60-70%. there are less, but not a ton less

(02-19-2015, 08:15 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: blues used to be almost as common as reds on ebay, but that was before beckett caught up and assigned low values on them (people thought the blues and reds were worth more than the base)

i used to hoard one player from the set, and bought all the reds and blues i could find....i believe that blues were produced about half as much as reds, maybe 60-70%. there are less, but not a ton less
Good to know... I was guessing about 30-40%, but that was just from recent years. I do remember scoffing at it back in the day for sure.
-- WANT LIST LINK --

If my memory serves me correctly...
I don't think you can find a 99 Millennium Advantage Blue.

Would love to know as well, the Al Wilson #197 - blue and galvanized have avoided me for years.
[Image: VOLS_zpsf7cf6842.jpg]

Here's mine:

[Image: img558.jpg]
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos