`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 topps old cards with silver stamps.

2015 topps old cards with silver stamps.
What's are these? Say topps original on the stamp. Kinda janky lol
Some have writing on them lol

RE: 2015 topps old cards with silver stamps.
I would think they're the buybacks.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Trash mostly.

Buybacks?

Ya all are pretty bad shape. idk what topps was thinking on this one.

Buy backs most likely. Not in OPG and the few I have with the silver Original stamp are in fair to poor condition..the first I pulled, a 1972 Braves, was so badly cut it would be below poor...so they take a worthless card and stamp it making it below worthless..
Been doing this for a few years..getting rid of their poor cards and making them collectable for someone again..

It's a ploy by Topps to make people think they got an extra hit. They are old cards that have been laying around and some genius in a board room said "hey if we put a stamp on these and put them In packs the customers will think they are getting something cool"

They are "buybacks", which I have always thought was a cool and simple insert. However the total crap condition of most the cards they used this year just sucks. I wish they would use better condition cards, not saying they have to be mint or near mint, but for the commons it would be nice if they were in better condition, as I am fine with the stars being in lesser though still decent looking condition.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I like them as a sub-set. I'm currently on the hunt for 1969 Mets cards from this and other buyback sets. I'll probably never complete them as the Ryan & Seaver will probably never surface.
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

As has been said in threads past, just put them in without the damn stamp on them. "Hey cool and old random vintage card as a bonus" is so much better than "Hey they put a stamp on Mario Mendoza."
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Ya I agree. No stamp would been better. O well I guess lol