`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 box of Tek, 1 box of 5 star, and the reason I buy high end

RE: 1 box of Tek, 1 box of 5 star, and the reason I buy high end
(02-16-2015, 01:01 PM)djohn Wrote: Wow, those were both GREAT boxes. Solid names and that Snider 1/1 is awesome. Congrats.
Thank you very much. Im not a Braun fan, but I'll take a 1/1 auto anyday.

(02-14-2015, 11:18 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: My local guy has been giving them to me. I didn't know they were suppose to be a good deal more expensive. Richard clued me in to that.
I see. Thought everybody jacked the price up or something.

At that price I'd probably try my luck on a couple more boxes!

(02-16-2015, 02:37 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: I see. Thought everybody jacked the price up or something.

At that price I'd probably try my luck on a couple more boxes!
They trade really well on here. Im kind of coming around on the stuff. Probably because I've gotten a few really good boxes. I just kind of dig the different backgrounds and the different rarities of them. I know that it's like the colored refractors or parallels in other sets, but it's new to me and just a little bit different. Your right about maybe grabbing a few more. Why not? The only reason I grabbed these 2 boxes was because I was really looking to open up Tribute this week but it got pushed back. So I asked my friend if he could send up a few boxes of high end to his other shop (the one that's 10 minutes from me) because he didn't have too much high end Topps baseball products in. He ended up bringing up a box of triple threads, a box of 5 star and a box of Tek. I wasn't feeling the triple threads so I took the other 2. Pretty good day.

(02-16-2015, 03:18 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: They trade really well on here. Im kind of coming around on the stuff. Probably because I've gotten a few really good boxes. I just kind of dig the different backgrounds and the different rarities of them. I know that it's like the colored refractors or parallels in other sets, but it's new to me and just a little bit different. Your right about maybe grabbing a few more. Why not? The only reason I grabbed these 2 boxes was because I was really looking to open up Tribute this week but it got pushed back. So I asked my friend if he could send up a few boxes of high end to his other shop (the one that's 10 minutes from me) because he didn't have too much high end Topps baseball products in. He ended up bringing up a box of triple threads, a box of 5 star and a box of Tek. I wasn't feeling the triple threads so I took the other 2. Pretty good day.
Yeah I agree with what you said. When I first saw the cards I thought they looked tacky. But now after seeing them for while, seeing some of the hits and inserts, they've kind of grown on me. I like the look and selection of the autographs. I'm gonna wait to see if one of the big 3 has a sale on them and try to pick up a box or two.

I've got to say, if anyone's sick of spending huge $ on high end for one pack, this is a decent alternative. I cant call it high end, but for $60 or $80 per pack or whatever it's suppose to be, it's not low end either.

Nice. The Snider is sick. I feel the same way about buying high end. Chances are on your side with a high end product. You can pull some insane cards.

(02-16-2015, 11:02 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Thanks man. I'm still extremely excited over the bat plate. I love those cards.
I recently sold an Adam Jones 2014 Tribute bat plate on ebay for over $300. I can't imagine what your beautiful Duke card is worth.

I love these kind of cards as well. If it was a player I collected, no way I would have let it go. I consider these the premiere game-used items. The nicks and dents on every bat plate tells a story.

Jason

(02-16-2015, 05:35 PM)Jasonpg Wrote: I recently sold an Adam Jones 2014 Tribute bat plate on ebay for over $300. I can't imagine what your beautiful Duke card is worth.

I love these kind of cards as well. If it was a player I collected, no way I would have let it go. I consider these the premiere game-used items. The nicks and dents on every bat plate tells a story.

Jason
They really are something else. I just checked your Jones out. That is an impressive card.