`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Does anybody know the cut off limit in ORG for the wants stars to work properly?

Does anybody know the cut off limit in ORG for the wants stars to work properly?
So if the issue with want stars is the size of ORGS, I am contemplating only having cards for trade and wants/needs in my ORG. Before I do this (as it would take a lot of work to search through how I have it set up now, folders by year with each set from that year in folder, Tigers folders by decade, and my Player specific binders. I have a Trade collection, but if I have dupes of a set or other PC item it is listed in its folder) I was wondering if anybody knew what the amount is that tips the scale to unreliable stars? I have not only the odds and ends of sets from 1951 to present needs in there, but also every Tiger card I don't have a copy of (well almost all, some sets do not have the team as part of the attributes entered so I'm missing some here and there. 2011 Triple Threads is an example I recently discovered when entering a cards I received as a throw in in a trade) from 1948 up as a trade for. So, once again, before I go through this labourous process, would it be worth it if the amount of cards due to all the Tigers being listed as trade for keeps me above this limit? So..........anybody know how much is too much (of course if Beckett could fix this glitch this is all a moot point!)
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

RE: Does anybody know the cut off limit in ORG for the wants stars to work properly?
I just tested it with 2 ongoing trades I have the one with less than aprox 20k cards stars work but the one over that number dosen't show stars. I don't know the exact number but just going by that could be possible, or lets hope beckett fixes its glitch.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

RE: Does anybody know the cut off limit in ORG for the wants stars to work properly?
Bonds20001 has been at them for about a year on this, and doesn't seem to be optomistic that it will be fixed. See here is the catch 22...is it the size of your own ORG, or that of the trading partner. A recent trade of mine with another member with a large ORG would not show any stars above 2001, but other trades with different ORGS they show...sometimes. If it is just my ORG, and we can find the limit then I would do what I propose (which in a business way sucks, I pay for ORG for my cards to be catalouged, not technically to trade so that is why we really have no recourse for not having it work right, we don't pay to trade we pay to organize our own personal collection of cards) but if my trading partner also has an ORG above the limit, and since I am a set builder and team collector my prospective partners will be the same, with their teams marked similarly, then his/her ORG is also huge. So which ORG is the problem, yours, theirs, or both?

Yes...everything above..YES!!.
MY stars seem to work for everything except 2014...and then sometimes, not at all for any year..that is my wants showing up.

My contact has been a size issue..but not sure they really know..

I received this e-mail 9/8/14 after months of asking

Jeff, we know about the issue and it seems to isolated to very large numbers of items selected for wants and/or trades.
We're working on a solution.

Dan Hitt
Associate Director - ECommerce
dhitt@beckett.com
972-448-9116
The stars issue..although technically on a "free" part of the site is a huge problem for me..having made over 1300 trades..it is impossible to search my Excel database for every card needed in a trade..so I give up sometimes.

Now, about the "free" part...I pay for OPG, so ORG is included..as you can get ORG for "free" under 100 cards..which stars work for..when you pay and really use the site for a super collector..the functionality decreases..seems at odds with ANY business model..but there you are..no stars..in thar..sorry..had to to do that..

I've discovered that if I put in a keyword in a trade, then all the stars will work. Usually, I'll just do a year at a time. For example, I'll put in 2015 and check Show Wants Only and all the stars will work, even if they don't show up when you Show Wants Only for the whole collection. At least I think they do. Could be they aren't all showing up, but at least this has worked for me at times.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

(02-13-2015, 11:56 AM)glassnickels Wrote: I've discovered that if I put in a keyword in a trade, then all the stars will work. Usually, I'll just do a year at a time. For example, I'll put in 2015 and check Show Wants Only and all the stars will work, even if they don't show up when you Show Wants Only for the whole collection. At least I think they do. Could be they aren't all showing up, but at least this has worked for me at times.
Cool I'll try this next time.

(02-13-2015, 11:56 AM)glassnickels Wrote: I've discovered that if I put in a keyword in a trade, then all the stars will work. Usually, I'll just do a year at a time. For example, I'll put in 2015 and check Show Wants Only and all the stars will work, even if they don't show up when you Show Wants Only for the whole collection. At least I think they do. Could be they aren't all showing up, but at least this has worked for me at times.
Tried that...I can see some..sometimes all..wants when selecting the year etc..but it does not show my wants from 2014..even though they are listed correctly in my ORG...so..I lost an entire year..

I just added 300+ 2015 wants to my ORG..wonder if it will happen for this year too.

Makes trading very time consuming and cumbersome...

I wish more people would contact them..make it a priority to fix this bug!!!

(02-13-2015, 05:03 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Yes...everything above..YES!!.
MY stars seem to work for everything except 2014...and then sometimes, not at all for any year..that is my wants showing up.

My contact has been a size issue..but not sure they really know..

I received this e-mail 9/8/14 after months of asking

Jeff, we know about the issue and it seems to isolated to very large numbers of items selected for wants and/or trades.
We're working on a solution.

Dan Hitt
Associate Director - ECommerce
dhitt@beckett.com
972-448-9116
The stars issue..although technically on a "free" part of the site is a huge problem for me..having made over 1300 trades..it is impossible to search my Excel database for every card needed in a trade..so I give up sometimes.

Now, about the "free" part...I pay for OPG, so ORG is included..as you can get ORG for "free" under 100 cards..which stars work for..when you pay and really use the site for a super collector..the functionality decreases..seems at odds with ANY business model..but there you are..no stars..in thar..sorry..had to to do that..
I too have been on this with Dan Hitt. My collection is very large. I don't think there is a magic number. I mostly get the want stars but have had trades where none show up even though I know the trader has cards I need. I've gone out of trade and back in and they show up. I don't think it is anything specific which has made it difficult to fix. Honestly at this point I think they have decided it is what it is and have moved on.

(02-13-2015, 04:31 PM)mmahoney Wrote: I too have been on this with Dan Hitt. My collection is very large. I don't think there is a magic number. I mostly get the want stars but have had trades where none show up even though I know the trader has cards I need. I've gone out of trade and back in and they show up. I don't think it is anything specific which has made it difficult to fix. Honestly at this point I think they have decided it is what it is and have moved on.
Yes, at the expense of the larger, longer time users..I agree..they do not want to expend the energy..also..the old code is killing them..the old database and manipulation codes are antique...just a thought...
I mean we have radio, coins and eBay links since I mentioned the stars were messed up!! I think that explains it all...

(02-13-2015, 05:49 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I mean we have radio, coins and eBay links since I mentioned the stars were messed up!! I think that explains it all...
Plus the new search of the OPG. I've quit asking Dan about it. I've been more focused on cards out of order in ORG and would really like to get the old expanded search (magnifying glass) back. Not having that hurts me.