`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Recent HOF Auto Pickups (update 4/15)

RE: Recent HOF Auto Pickups (BIG update 3/30)
Hank "The Hebrew Hammer" Greenberg! Outstanding addition to the growing HOF collection, Aaron!
The other cards are great, but I've always admired HG and that's a beauty of a consolation prize!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice stuff, You can't ever go wrong with Willie Mays and Sandy Koufax!!!

(03-31-2015, 12:45 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hank "The Hebrew Hammer" Greenberg! Outstanding addition to the growing HOF collection, Aaron!
The other cards are great, but I've always admired HG and that's a beauty of a consolation prize!
Thanks, Doc! I have to agree regarding the Greenberg and the 2005 Prime Cuts Souvenir Cuts set has a lot of really nice cut sigs. I think it has become my second favorite auto set!
(03-31-2015, 06:02 AM)joba the clark Wrote: Nice stuff, You can't ever go wrong with Willie Mays and Sandy Koufax!!!
Thanks, Chad! I can't argue with that! Didn't think we would add a Koufax any time soon or a Mays, for that matter. But, that Marichal is pretty sweet too!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

RE: Recent HOF Auto Pickups (update 4/15)
Some of the latest pickups:

[Image: alomar%20auto_zpsnrj20zkf.jpg]
[Image: averill%20auto_zpsd7vxw1sj.jpg]
[Image: barlick%20auto_zpswigahw1w.jpg]
[Image: hubbell%20auto_zpsjhiili2r.jpg]
[Image: leonard%20auto%202_zpsqyw7jpuo.jpg]
[Image: seaver%20auto_zpsiefpsfq8.jpg]

And, since an update of this thread without additions via trade with Matt would almost be unheard of, here are the latest trade acquisitions from Matt. Thanks again, man!

[Image: cronin%20auto_zpsphfmbq6s.jpg]
[Image: frick%20auto_zpsvsqqkhro.jpg]
[Image: sam%20rice%20auto_zps7liscct2.jpg]
[Image: sewell%20auto_zpshrztmfnf.jpg]

Thanks again for looking!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Aaron, is that one: Al Barluck? I couldn't quite make out his name and his name isn't on the cut-auto.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Al Barlick, man. National League umpire from 1940 to 1971, he called 7 All Star games and 7 World Series and was considered one of the fairest and most respected umpires in National League history. He was instrumental in the formation of the umpire's union and was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1989.

(04-15-2015, 02:00 PM)aprirr Wrote: Al Barlick, man. National League umpire from 1940 to 1971, he called 7 All Star games and 7 World Series and was considered one of the fairest and most respected umpires in National League history. He was instrumental in the formation of the umpire's union and was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1989.
Oh, Ok. Thanks for that. I had never heard of him before, of course, I wasn't born until 1975.

Thanks Again, Aaron.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Beautiful stuff Aaron. I love the ump sig. It's cool your not just focusing on players.

(04-15-2015, 03:10 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Beautiful stuff Aaron. I love the ump sig. It's cool your not just focusing on players.
Thanks, Matt! Yeah, I'm not really a big fan of the check cut sigs but the price was too good to pass up and it's our first HOF umpire auto.
(04-15-2015, 03:02 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Oh, Ok. Thanks for that. I had never heard of him before, of course, I wasn't born until 1975.

Thanks Again, Aaron.
I wasn't born until 1976, man. But I love the history of baseball!