`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
For the record ... An apology

RE: For the record ... An apology
(02-08-2015, 01:28 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Why is somebody calling thier wife Nolan Ryan? Why are folks posting to needleesly bump this thread up and then apologizing about some lady named Baby Ruth signing something for some person named Fonzie who likes things cool? Sorry, but I'm totally lost....... On another note, who won the Austrailian WS (game 3 of the close knit series was on at 3am on MLB)? I'm thinking about becoming a Perth super collector.....not that anyone cares.
Instead of doing chores this morning I watched the Australian game. Perth destroyed. Baseball is baseball I always say!

2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

(02-08-2015, 05:16 PM)glassnickels Wrote: Instead of doing chores this morning I watched the Australian game. Perth destroyed. Baseball is baseball I always say!
Awesome....I love baseball, any baseball, but overslept then had to rush out this morning. I could have looked it up but I'm lazy (as apparently you are also!!!! LOL jk)

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

My wife is regularly referred to as "the ole ball and chain". She gets a perverse joy out of me acknowledging her ability to domesticate me, so it works for all!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(02-08-2015, 08:47 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: What a rude, vile and disparaging name to call your wife. And no, I'm not kidding. Not even a little bit.
I'm sorry you find it disparaging, but my wife finds it endearing and calls me her "ole Man"... I really didn't mean to offend you or anyone else, bud.

(02-09-2015, 01:29 AM)StedmanRecon Wrote: I'm sorry you find it disparaging, but my wife finds it endearing and calls me her "ole Man"... I really didn't mean to offend you or anyone else, bud.
We're cool. It's all good.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-09-2015, 08:49 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: We're cool. It's all good.
It's a common expression, you take things too literally

Is the original thread still active that has Dr. Mitch's issue described above?
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(02-09-2015, 09:30 AM)iconms Wrote: It's a common expression, you take things too literally
Is the original thread still active that has Dr. Mitch's issue described above?
The original issue that was a precursor to this thread in no longer an issue. Like stated before, Jesse and I are like 2 little Fonzies! We're cool! Smile

I'm just glad everyone is cool with the 'spouse nickname' issue that popped up.

But I can't help but wonder what my wife would think if I started calling her 'Nolan Ryan' Smile she'd probably arrange a neurological appointment for me so Alzheimer's can be ruled out. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-09-2015, 09:30 AM)iconms Wrote: It's a common expression, you take things too literally
Just because something's common, doesn't make it's right.

And I have to disagree with your 2nd comment as well. I don't think I take things too literally. Like I said before, it's my opinion. And everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Plus, Stedman and I have exchanged messages and everything is right in the world.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!