`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
"Houston We Have A Problem!!!"

"Houston We Have A Problem!!!"
Hey folks! Well I was digging through some of my collection & was looking at some BGS stuff and noticed this!!

2006 Topps Target Exclusive Factory Set Rookie Jerseys #2 Reggie Bush
[Image: th_IMG_1514_zpsda6etnn9.jpg]

Sad thing is..... its all jacked up!
POP 1 & the only one even in the BGS! I noticed it was sliding around inside & so I gave it a closer look!!
Now this thing has been in my collection for a long time but since it was graded, I never looked at it so closely before!

[Image: th_IMG_1515_zpsq93pdojm.jpg] [Image: th_IMG_1518_zps6lodhm8u.jpg] [Image: th_IMG_1516_zpsp7bmri84.jpg]

I'm curious to know, can anything be done? Or is this just a lost cause?
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

RE: "Houston We Have A Problem!!!"
I had one come back from BGS that was out of the sleeve. It was originally graded 9.5, but when I sent it back to them to fix, the regraded it to 8.5. Totally pissed. Its in your PC, leave it.

(01-31-2015, 03:22 PM)0264 roadrunner1964 Wrote: I had one come back from BGS that was out of the sleeve. It was originally graded 9.5, but when I sent it back to them to fix, the regraded it to 8.5. Totally pissed. Its in your PC, leave it.
Sad Yea.... I sorta thought this! Sorry for your bad situation! Thanks for sharing!
Wants:
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1

Sorry to hear about your damaged card.

I was looking on ebay the other day and seen a BGS card where the silver plate wasn't straight and not lined up with the gold autograph grade plate. I didn't examine the card too much but I quickly ruled that card. I figured if the BGS plates were off...the card could be damaged as well.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

Contact Beckett to see what could be done. If they graded it and stand by their guarantee, then they should be able to do something.

Randi

(01-31-2015, 05:53 PM)rayeates Wrote: Contact Beckett to see what could be done. If they graded it and stand by their guarantee, then they should be able to do something.

Randi
Hmmm. Good idea. :p
Wants:

I imagine relating this to Apollo 13 is taking it about 1000 times too far, but yes, BGS cases can and do damage cards. Here is one I have.

[Image: 00-DonP-PM19-02a_zpscecaf96d.jpg]

[Image: 00-DonP-PM19-02c_zpsqytoiqtl.jpg]

Perhaps Boomer just didn't like being a Jet.

Ouch!

This thread just shows why I refuse to pay for anything to get graded. What's the point if it can still get damaged after it gets graded and sealed? Slabs seem to get less and less protective as the years go on, so what really is the point of doing it? Am I supposed to get it slabbed and graded so that I can never even touch the case again? A little bit of handling will now damage these "slabbed cards". I don't see any reason to spend the money to "protect" the card when it can still end up like that. I am just as well off putting it in a one-touch magnetic case and never jostling the holder. It works pretty much the same as spending $10+ per card to have it 'graded'.

Beckett was awesome the only time I had an issue with getting something reslabbed. I am sure it will work out fine. Good luck.