`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
so, thinking of doing something for my son

RE: so, thinking of doing something for my son
I would go with the set that was released the same year he was born, "a set that was made in the year he was born". Opening day blue sounds like a good idea to me.

(01-29-2015, 12:37 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I agree on starting with 2014....Opening Day blues are awesome.
. Also, do you want prospects or just parent team cards?
I rather have parent team, which is why i shy away from bowman chrome for the most part

(01-29-2015, 12:54 PM)newfiecomicguy1 Wrote: I would invest in vintage hard signed auto's or high grade vintage stars and rookies for him.
i get the notion, but im not looking to start a large collection nor do this as an investment. just a neat, small, focused, easy and cheap little set that wont take a lot of time to put together
(01-29-2015, 05:15 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: ... Oh, and the autos in Opening Day weren't too shabby in the 2014 set. Could sell an auto and it would fund a new box and a few dozen more Blue parallels. (Black Friday a case was just under $200, IIRC) ... But a quick check and looks like they're all sold out right now. (D&A, Blowout, SteelCity)
Good Luck!
ill probably just stay with buying or trading for singles. buying cases leads to me wanting to buy cards again. a lot of cards. try to keep from breaking wax any more
(01-29-2015, 07:11 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: I would go with the set that was released the same year he was born, "a set that was made in the year he was born". Opening day blue sounds like a good idea to me.
yea, i think thats how im leaning

(01-30-2015, 01:52 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: ill probably just stay with buying or trading for singles. buying cases leads to me wanting to buy cards again. a lot of cards. try to keep from breaking wax any more
I totally understand that ... Case Breaking can be habit forming Smile
I'll try and see what I have (2014 Opening Blue) that isn't part of my PC and get you started if that's the way you're leaning. LMK
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

When was he conceived........approximately? If 2013, you could always start with that year, the year they won. Granted, it won't be truly representative of the team from that year but just an idea.

On a side note, I was born in '78 (F*&K#N Dent), wife in '86 (We both know), son in '07. I guess two wrongs did make a right.

(01-31-2015, 09:02 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: When was he conceived........approximately? If 2013, you could always start with that year, the year they won.
nope, dont think i can use that as an excuse. born October 21st, 2253 hours, conceived February 6th at 1043 hours (we did IVF, so we actually got to see them put the egg in the uterus via ultrasound. to be truthful, it was mindblowing)

(01-31-2015, 09:02 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: On a side note, I was born in '78 (F*&K#N Dent), wife in '86 (We both know), son in '07. I guess two wrongs did make a right.
hah!
(01-31-2015, 08:48 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I totally understand that ... Case Breaking can be habit forming Smile
I'll try and see what I have (2014 Opening Blue) that isn't part of my PC and get you started if that's the way you're leaning. LMK
yea, im going that direction for 2014. if you have any red sox, that would be awesome

Hey, did you decide what your going to do? Opened some Opening Day and pulled some Red Sox blue.

(01-29-2015, 02:08 PM)elberson Wrote: I did something a little different for my boys. I collected two each of every topps card from 1951-now. Each year as topps puts out a new set, we fill the binder with the new cards. It's cool to look back on the history and future
I've been wanting to do the same with Giants from 58 and son on