`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selig's term as commissioner

RE: Selig's term as commissioner
(01-25-2015, 07:13 PM)charleybrown Wrote: I could certainly be wrong, but did Selig make a decision to make Roger Maris' 61 HR a single season record?
hell no. that would be ridiculous

(01-25-2015, 07:09 PM)sshissler Wrote: One thing that I do not like is the all-star game determining home field in the World Series. Why not just allow the two teams that are in the world series give home field to the team with the better record?
Not saying I agree with it but it gave the All-star game some meaning.

(01-25-2015, 07:09 PM)sshissler Wrote: How about no labor strife (at least in terms of a strike) since the devastating '94 season. That's almost unprecedented in this day and age.
How can you have 'labor strife' when all the laborers are millionaires Smile lots of strife .. What sports car should I drive? What huge house should I buy for my Mom & Dad? How can I avoid signing Mitch's redemption cards at Topps? Smile some strife, nice life.
What's the worst thing they have to complain about? Peeing in a cup, giving some blood ... Boo 'freakin' Hoo! Smile if they complained about anything, they should be kicked out of baseball and forced to find a real job! Smile sorry, rant ... Thought 'Labor Strife' and 'baseball' were 2 incongruent things that shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.

(01-25-2015, 07:09 PM)sshissler Wrote: One thing that I do not like is the all-star game determining home field in the World Series. Why not just allow the two teams that are in the world series give home field to the team with the better record?
Agreed.

Selig positives: wild card playoffs, punished PED users
Selig negatives: inter-league play, allowed PED to flourish, All-Star determine WS homefield advantage

Not my favorite commissioner ... If he pardoned Pete Rose as his last act as commissioner, he would have been absolved of any gripe I had with his reign.
(01-25-2015, 09:08 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Not saying I agree with it but it gave the All-star game some meaning.
Before inter-league play, it had meaning. It was getting to see 'dream team match ups' you could only fantasize about. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.