`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you acquire cards for trade?

RE: How do you acquire cards for trade?
I'll usually buy case/boxes to get cards to trade. I also keep track of who has cards I really want and what they collect in case I go to a show/lcs and look for singles.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

I love to rip boxes, it is like christmas! Being a set builder, it is really the only way. What a rush getting that that high value auto or whatever! Then I trade the rest.
Mostly football and a set builder

I find the most cost effective way to build a good list of tradeable stuff is to raid the cheap bargain bins at card shows, picked up tons of stuff very cheaply that I could use to trade for stuff I wanted (well, when I was still using this site to trade that is)
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

I only collect Cardinals stuff, so whatever I get from packs that I buy or collections that I purchase that aren't Cardinals stuff I need go toward trades.

The 3 keys: 1)buy packs/boxes/cases 2) buy singles etc on $bay 3) buy lots/collections from fleamarketts/yard sales/$bay/craigslist/etc.
I buy the occasional boxes & blasters trade what I don't want, mainly my $bay purcheses are non excistant but mostly pc pickups, and in the past I've bought large lots/collections hence why I have a ton of old school rcs/inserts/etc.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

(01-24-2015, 08:02 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: I find the most cost effective way to build a good list of tradeable stuff is to raid the cheap bargain bins at card shows, picked up tons of stuff very cheaply that I could use to trade for stuff I wanted (well, when I was still using this site to trade that is)
Bingo! On a totally unrelated note I picked up a Pujols SP at a small show today that is listed for trade. Smile

(01-24-2015, 08:11 PM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: 3) buy lots/collections from fleamarketts/yard sales/$bay/craigslist/etc.
Also on a totally unrelated note that 16000 ct box of refractors I bought a few months ago is also totally available for trade Smile
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Breaking a few hobby & retail boxes, buying a few packs off eBay, & buying small card lots of parallels or serial numbered card off of eBay or other forum members. I'm very picky as in what players & teams I pick up as some teams & players trade far easier than others though.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

I'll buy flat rate boxes of base and inserts from various sites and eBay for base trades. I'll buy boxes now and then. Mainly I just buy my needs though, don't have the money for most of these boxes nowadays.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I buy boxes..open..remove PC stuff..sell higher end cards and list all others for trade...been doing it for years and have over 52000 cards for trade..it builds up over time

I buy boxes, join breaks and occasionally just thin my collection out.
[Image: KErsahw1fw_zpsd1e78d4f.png]