`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new focus and direction, also need a tip or two

A new focus and direction, also need a tip or two
Hey all. After a long, hard discussion with myself, I feel its time to start selling some cards of mine. I know I know i'm turning to the dark side...But it's for the greater good! I want to focus on cards that I love and would personally keep until the autumn of years. Besides, I seriously need to downsize and start to focus my collection to specific wants. I will still build my one set a year (this year will be topps chrome), but the new direction will be singles from the start of baseball to the 1960's. I don't have a specific player in mind, but I love the history of the cards from the yesterdays. My biggest goal would be to acquire some gypsy queens or old judge from the 1800's. Even some t-206's or cracker jacks would be a blast to have.

I'm looking to build up my paypal account so I can acquire some of these cards as I have a cool Hondo so far from some stuff I have 'round the house I have no need for. Figured the best place to start will be here and then the bay.

I wanted to ask yous what the best way to do this in the org would be. Surely I'm not going to list individual prices for the some 4k cads I have. Is there a quicker way to do this like as a bulk or group pricing? It's mostly lower end stuff I have. Also, if anyone has some tips or suggestions I'd love to hear them. Thanks again and even though i'll be selling, I would still prefer to trade.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

RE: A new focus and direction, also need a tip or two
Give craigslist a shot.........local people
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(01-22-2015, 10:36 PM)elberson Wrote: Give craigslist a shot.........local people

+1
You won't have to pay any ebay/paypal fees.

You also don't have to pay any fees selling / buying here.

For Org, mark them for sale and decide on a "base" common sales price (50 cents / $1 / $2 ?) and add that price to all your cards in one massive update. Then go through your higher end cards and add individual prices. Problem you will have here is that most everybody wants to trade (which is great!) so selling can be slow. Make sure you run threads alerting folks to what you have.

Good Luck!

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Depending on the inventory, I'd recommend shipping some off to comc... Mainly for cards that will SELL (not BV) in the $1-6 range. You do not want to send too much base, especially recent years, as there are a ton of them on the site and it will lose you money or never sell. I downsized a while back, and with some other cards that I flipped on the site, I've had $3500 in sales this year, with no big ticket items or any card selling over $12. So I moved close to 2,000 cards that way.

The do charge a .25 per card to get it uploaded and scanned etc... Which can be pricey initially, but as long as you are sending in the right stuff it is completely worth it IMO. The 20% cashout fee is a pain in the but as well, but considering that you are still collecting, you could just use it for cards that you like (what I did).

For all of the other cards I had (base of stars, random inserts etc...), that weren't worth sending in to Comc and I wanted to clear out, I just threw into player lots or parallel lots on Ebay. Kind of a hassle, and not going to make you a ton of money, but it adds up and has bought me a few really nice singles.

My 3600 count boxes of commons I plan on selling very cheap via Large flat rate one day. There are places that will buy, and you can squeek a few $ out of it. Otherwise, I'll look to donate them somewhere.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Fantastic. Thanks for the update all. I'll decide during the snowstorm tomorrow since I don't have much else to do anyways heh.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

(01-23-2015, 04:58 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: You also don't have to pay any fees selling / buying here.

For Org, mark them for sale and decide on a "base" common sales price (50 cents / $1 / $2 ?) and add that price to all your cards in one massive update. Then go through your higher end cards and add individual prices. Problem you will have here is that most everybody wants to trade (which is great!) so selling can be slow. Make sure you run threads alerting folks to what you have.

Good Luck!

I don't sell anything so I don't know, but to sell on the beckett website here, don't you have to buy a subscription or something?

There is much good advice on this thread. Trades will be tougher but accomplishes both getting rid of stuff and acquiring new cards. It is really the most rewarding but will require effort.

As others have mentioned, always factor in cost but not just in terms of dollars but also family / personal time. Good luck and happy collecting !

you could sell on facebook groups as well. but depending on price and inventory, i might be interested for my charity lots

Right on. I have mostly base cards and some inserts, no more than BV of $5 for a card. The majority are around .05 - .75 with a few between $1-$5. I'd figured to get rid of all my loose cards from 1987-2010 in one fell swoop as a lot. I have these all in binders now as I got rid of my shoeboxes years ago heh. Ideally I would love to simply trade these away for a nice card I want but I may be better selling this and getting what I really want instead. 2011-onward I may split these as well since I have the sets anyway. I spent some time cleaning up my org as well and put them in years if yous want to check it out. If anyone wants to make an offer just message me. im game.