`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Define High End and Low End

RE: Define High End and Low End
Like it was said before high end vs low is different to the individual collector. For example the pujols auto in my avitar to me is high end bv but from a mid priced product, but to me its also low end compared to other high end stuff I've seen ie trouts,griffey, ripken, 1/1 autos. Then again I'm somewhat a quantity vs quality collector so that plays a part in what is considered high end-mid-end-low-end stuff too. BTW cool topic as i was thinking about asking this same queston but didn't get around too.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

I personally don't refer to any single cards as high or low end. I believe that a box can be high end, but not a single no matter the value of that particular card. My benchmark is if a box put you out $175 or more at release, then it is high end. Examples include Triple Threads, Five Star, Dynasty, and Sterling
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

As many have stated this is determined on a case by case basis. If you happen to get a Kris Bryant gold refractor auto out of a 75 dollar product then that is considered high based upon the sale value.

Conversely if you pull a Livan hernandez out of five star or Andrew Heaney out of National treasures those may be considered low end.

I also feel as if any card valued over $250 is high end but again that is how I perceive the levels.

When talking about vintage cards I think of high/low end as more of card condition rather than price. But with condition comes price, so they kind of go hand in hand.
I see a lot of Ebay listings for vintage cards that say "high end" in the title listing and typically they are graded 7 or higher of a major star, hofer or even of a common that is incredibly tough in high grade.

Take for example the 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA 10. At a sale price of around $2 million, that card is the epitome of "high end". But take that same card, put some tears and creases through it, throw it at a wall a few dozen times and maybe write "red sox suck" on the card (just kidding hofcollector) and that 2 million dollar card is now a $4,000+ card (which is still pretty damn expensive lol.) It's all relative to condition.

But for modern, in a nutshell I'd say the rarity + condition determine if its low or high end. I'd probably say high end starts around the $250+ point.