`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Any Star Jordan experts out there? need help

RE: Any Star Jordan experts out there? need help
That is some great info Steve. Please post more often as you are a wealth of knowledge.

By the way, the signed MJ XRC sold for $9,600. Not sure which was more impressive, the final price or the number of different bidders willing to spend over $7,000 - eight !

Looks like we should all send our kids (and their friends) to MJ's flight camp !

On a related note, here is a fake MJ XRC that sold for $565 in a PRO holder (known for fakes and trimmed cards). The card is worthless. Let's just hope the winning bidder paid with PayPal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Star-Michae...1c4cd73816

(01-19-2015, 09:01 PM)altz11 Wrote: Oh I see. Good ole' hsn lol. I remember seeing a clip of Don West on Hsn selling the 85 Nike jordan promo card for like $5,000. I wonder how many people actually buy these cards at their inflated prices.

Thanks for the info. I love the look of the white background but I will have to pass on this card.

Off topic- my mom watches ALOT of hsn...I wonder how much crap she has wasted money on???
Man, I used to love those Don West episodes ... sellin' ball cards!

And he would always position the card so that you could not see it in the glare from the studio lights.

His partner would have to be like, "Hey Don, can you tip that up a little bit?"

Like, every time. LOL
Smile 
https://youtu.be/N9HnNkL0C8g

Can anybody give info on this? Notice the basketball backboard is pictured lower. Compare it to the other authentic and fake cards.ive never seen another like this. I also used an 1987 fleer jordan to compare the gloss of the cards.

stevetaft Wrote:Just like all the key 86-7 Fleer RC's have been counterfeited, so have the key Star Co. RC's and Jordan cards.  The vast majority of these Star Co. counterfeits are easy to spot with a little basic knowledge. 

The only Star Co. Jordan's that require slightly more than basic knowledge were the cards on the 1985-86 Star 2nd series sheet.  This would include:  85-6 Star MJ #117, the Best of the New MJ, and the 86 Star MJ 10-card set.  I've discussed the "how to" on these cards in other postings, articles, and interviews. 

I worked with the editors of Sports Collector's Digest and Tuff Stuff, approximately 2004, and we wrote an extensive article on the re-built counterfeits that surfaced in the early 2000's.  These were pretty easy to tell, though, a couple of them were fairly impressive for fakes.  Beckett also had some info in their basketball issue, too.  I'm not sure if an internet search will bring those up, but, for those interested, you might give it a try. 

Hey Steve,

Just curious if there was a limited print run of the 1985 star jordan with black border from Star?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.