`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willie Mays auto understanding?

Willie Mays auto understanding?
Would anyone have info on his auto. It doesn't appear to say Willie Mays-Yes I know it does but even in the worst of auto's you can make out some of the letters. I am by no means knocking his auto in any way-its really unique and I like it. I just don't understand it. I thought it may be in a native language not English but he was born in AL. Thanks fo any insight-I copied a card off the net to show what I mean.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

RE: Willie Mays auto understanding?
It kinda looks like it says thumbs up lol.

It's his "newer" condensed version. He used to write it out entirely but with signing do much it became this. Finding a full old sig is pretty difficult and holds a premium
no org, please do not send trade requests

Very Cool!!
Mostly football and a set builder

That's nicer than my Mays auto. Much neater.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I remember saving wrappers from ScoreBoard products and then sending them in for a Willie Mays autographed ball. When I got it, I must have spent an hour trying to figure out who really signed it, because it in no way looked like the name Willie Mays. However it turned out that's really just what his signature looks like.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Willie changed his signature after retirement, or maybe just before..
There are 2 different versions...
I have the newest on a jersey..does not look like a big J and then something like an M..

He is consistent though..auto verification services like that..

his is unique though...you cant mistake his auto for anyone else. sort of like greg maddux...if you didnt know it was maddux, you would have no clue. but he's been consistent with his auto for years

Jacoby-Is that Maddux auto on the ball? If it is I see what you mean. The reason for my question was I have never seen another of his autos. thanks Everyone for the info, was very helpful. Now if I could only find his older auto.!
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

Here's mine

[Image: 69050701ad562b9289e853fc73150b00_zpseba4f052.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.