`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gronk auto rc's

Gronk auto rc's
I usually only post in baseball because I sold my last football collection in the spring of last year. But I had a question you football collectors may be able to help me out with. I apparently missed a box last spring and just came across it. It has about 15 Gronkowski auto rc's. Some patch auto's, most high end. Back when I was buying football, his stuff was really affordable. I checked out the new beckett football magazine and his cards have pretty much not moved a cent in years. I watch this guy on a regular basis terrorize every NFL team and I figured he'd have more interest in his cards by now. Am I missing something? Do people just not like him because he plays for New England? His numbers are off the charts even with the time he's missed. He's one of only two players who were unanimously selected to the all pro team this year. Any feedback would be appreciated. Why are his cards not worth more?

RE: Gronk auto rc's
I am not too well educated about the situation, but it might have something to do with his personal behavior. I seem to remember him being on the same level as Charlie Sheen at one point, with his antics on YouTube.

Randi

(01-13-2015, 08:14 PM)rayeates Wrote: I am not too well educated about the situation, but it might have something to do with his personal behavior. I seem to remember him being on the same level as Charlie Sheen at one point, with his antics on YouTube.

Randi
Noooooo, not on the same level as Charlie Sheen. He's just an over grown kid. No drugs, no getting arrested, not a bad teammate. He got caught dancing around on an injured leg and made a few inappropriate comments, but nothing racial or super offensive. He does a ton of charity stuff that the media never hears about and is always at the Boston area hospitals visiting sick children. Besides, being an a-hole is kind of par for the course for NFL players. Doesn't seem to hurt collectibility.

My first impression to the the topic is....he is injury prone at the this point.

He's dynamic but risky. A couple injury free years and/or a strong Super Bowl performance can have you sitting on a gold mine.

My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

I understand the injury prone part, but I believe he has 15 missed games in 5 years and his numbers are still better than anyone else's at the end position (and most receivers). To anyone who hasn't seen him weekly, there is no answer for him defensively. For a guy that big to have such great hands and be that athletically gifted is really amazing to watch.

The answer to Gronk is very few players lol. Off the top of my head, I'd say Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, or Patrick Peterson would be guys who could cover him with success. All have the size, speed, and nastiness to do it. But that should tell you what kind of athlete Gronk is. I personally hate GronK and the Patriots, but I can't deny his success. The TE position doesn't get much love...I don't think Graham's stuff is real expensive either. Not sure why considering these guys could break all kinds of records. I agree, hang onto them for now, and you could make a mint off of them later.

I dont believe any of those guys could have much success against Gronk, nor do I think they'd be lined up on him.

(01-14-2015, 01:02 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I dont believe any of those guys could have much success against Gronk, nor do I think they'd be lined up on him.

Kam Chancellor being a safety is more likely to cover Gronk than Sherman or Peterson would. Who knows we may find out in a couple weeks if New England and Seattle can take care of their business this weekend.
[Image: Z5Ez1Jf.png]
Banner Courtesy of Jbel4331
Current FB Sets
2010 Panini Plates & Patches RPA (35/35)
2011 Panini Gold Standard RPS (36/36)
2012 Topps Strata Blue Clear Cut (42/43)
2013 Topps Inception Green RPA (39/40)
2014 Panini Immaculate Ink #'d/49 (10/24)