`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card ID help

Card ID help
So I can't figure it out, does anybody know which one really is Andrew McBain? (neither looks like Jim Sandlak to me...) Thanks!

[Image: McBains_zps5b2dd754.jpg]
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

RE: Card ID help
I think they both are, just different photos (though not sure why that would be).
Please help me find one of these 05/06 Hejduk Patches #/50:

[Image: HejdukCoolThreadsPatch502.jpg]

The one on the left looks more like other McBain cards

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

(01-12-2015, 09:40 PM)bluefrozencanuck Wrote: The one on the left looks more like other McBain cards
Correct-- the one on the right is Sandlak.

Great, thanks for the help! I bought several boxes of series 1 for grins, and have been going through them with a magnifying glass, picking out printing flaws and constant varieties - almost sad to say there are more varieties than clean cards..... (but good cheap fun). If anybody else is interested, drop me a PM, more than happy to share results/scans (though it's really slow going, there's a lot of cards in those cheap boxes).

Ah, good ol' Pro Set.

(01-13-2015, 08:32 PM)mswatson Wrote: ...there's a lot of cards in those cheap boxes).
But they're a lot of fun to open!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(01-13-2015, 08:32 PM)mswatson Wrote: Great, thanks for the help! I bought several boxes of series 1 for grins, and have been going through them with a magnifying glass, picking out printing flaws and constant varieties - almost sad to say there are more varieties than clean cards..... (but good cheap fun). If anybody else is interested, drop me a PM, more than happy to share results/scans (though it's really slow going, there's a lot of cards in those cheap boxes).
That's pretty awesome. You should post your findings on the internet. When i first got into the hobby, Had a bunch of old pro sets and it was very hard for me to figure out which was which. There was some websites out there that had listed errors, but they weren't entirely clear and most of them werent even on there that are listed in beckett.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

You looking for anymore of that years Pro Set? I have a couple 800 count boxes full of them. Let me know

(01-17-2015, 01:15 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: You should post your findings on the internet.
I've been thinking about that, but it would be a really long-term project. I'm about a third through the cards I have (since about Dec 15), and am finding printing oddities, flaws, errors, junk, etc, on almost every card. Some things I'm finding on multiple cards, some stuff is random one of a kind stuff. Not sure if anybody else would care about most of it, but you never know.

(01-17-2015, 05:31 PM)bguzowski16 Wrote: You looking for anymore of that years Pro Set? I have a couple 800 count boxes full of them. Let me know
Sure, I'd take them off your hands. Would be interesting to see if any of your stuff matches stuff I'm finding now.