`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 3 favorite players of all time

RE: Top 3 favorite players of all time
#1 Carl Yastrzemski - Growing up in Red Sox territory (Maine) in the late 60's early 70's all of us loved the Red Sox and Yaz was the man. Pulled his All-Star card out of the first pack I ever bought (1970). In 1987 I did a tv commercial with him for a local car dealership.
#2 Roberto Clemente - Class act. I was just starting to like him when my Mom passed me the newspaper on January 1st, 1973 declaring his fate.
#3 Ken Griffey Jr. - Another class act and my favorite to collect all through the 90's. I have more unique Griffey Jr. cards than any other player in my collection. It was beautiful to see a player have so much fun.

Honorable mention to Frank Robinson who Griffey knocked off this list, Willie McCovey who was my first baseball card ever and Albert Pujols.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Going back to when I started watch in the late 70's and I am in Canada. just 3 is hard...

Tim Raines - Loved the Rock, a fantastic all around player.
Roberto Alomar - Flashy and super consistent
Ken Griffey Jr - IMO the best all-around player I have ever seen.

Also loved Chipper Jones, Big Mac, Rickey Henderson.

I just started collecting baseball again and only have some older plain base cards. I don't have a big card budget but I am hoping to start adding some GU and auto's to my new old collection lol.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

Only picking players I have seen

Rickey Henderson - Most exciting player I have seen
Robby Alomar- Best Blue Jay ever
Nolan Ryan - Overpowering every time I saw him
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

Jimmy Wynn

Cesar Cedeno

Horace Clarke
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

My Top 3 Players :

1. Say Hey Willie Mays

2. Barry Bonds

3. Ken Griffey Jr.

Honorable Mention : Buster Posey
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente and Hank Aaron. Couldn't narrow it to three. Honorable mention to Satchell Paige.