`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How about them Cowgirls!

RE: How about them Cowgirls!
(01-15-2015, 10:32 PM)mg54 Wrote: I understand that... After watching everything about it, I agree it is not a catch according to what the NFL is saying.

But, the NFL VP of Officiating, Dean Blandino said if Dez made a Football Move after the catch, then it would of counted...

"Blandino is saying Bryant needed to make a move common to the game (AKA a “football move”) in order to not be subject to the “going to the ground” provision and that Bryant’s lunge was not sufficient to qualify as a “football move”.

"Dean Blandino’s NFL Total Access appearance from 2013...
In 2013, Blandino is saying that a catch happens when you accomplish 3 things – control of the ball, both feet down, and then control of the ball for a long enough period of time that you could make a “football move”. Now, in 2015, Blandino is saying that Bryant must actually perform a “football move”, not just have control of the ball for a long enough period of time that he could do one. The two explanations seem to be in direct conflict with each other."

That is why I think the NFL needs to rethink some of the rules in place.

I still think that the Dez play was not the play that lost the game for the Cowboys. Like I stated earlier, the missed FG and the Fumble by Murray were huge plays that lost the game for them.
what of those three things did he complete though? While his feet were down, he never had control of the ball. He bobbled the ball. The ball never got tucked to protect from impact to the ground. While he got 2 feet down, he never got control of the ball enough so that when he hit the ground, the ball continued to move while hitting the ground.

I agree that his feet are down. That is 100% obvious. But, his feet were down and not controlling the ball. I can't recall which game, but I think the Redskins played the Eagles. RG3 fumbled the ball during a dive into the endzone, and by the time his body crossed the out of bounds line, he had never regained control of the ball. The refs said that since he didn't regain control of the ball while in the air, that it was a fumbled ball, even though when he landed on the ground, he had complete control. Pretty much the same play.
PI

What a lot of people don't understand is that when a receiver goes up to make a catch, and in return falls to the ground...the ball cannot move PERIOD if it makes contact with the ground. As soon as Dez caught the ball he was heading to the ground. It was not like he went up, made the catch, landed on two feet, then started running. That would have been a different story.

I am die hard Cowboys fan through and through, but rules are rules and it was the right call.
[Image: Msimonds.png]

My Collection is at 100% right now!! I am 100% with Dallas Cowboys Rookie Class Threads AND 100% with Dallas Cowboys Playoff Contenders RC Autos .... until next year Smile

(01-15-2015, 11:01 PM)joshdetloff Wrote: what of those three things did he complete though? While his feet were down, he never had control of the ball. He bobbled the ball. The ball never got tucked to protect from impact to the ground. While he got 2 feet down, he never got control of the ball enough so that when he hit the ground, the ball continued to move while hitting the ground.

I agree that his feet are down. That is 100% obvious. But, his feet were down and not controlling the ball. I can't recall which game, but I think the Redskins played the Eagles. RG3 fumbled the ball during a dive into the endzone, and by the time his body crossed the out of bounds line, he had never regained control of the ball. The refs said that since he didn't regain control of the ball while in the air, that it was a fumbled ball, even though when he landed on the ground, he had complete control. Pretty much the same play.
I agree with you... According to the rule, it is not a catch and so you know, I am a Cowboy Fan... Since the Randy White days.

I am just saying Blandino said that if Bryant made a "Football Move" then he would not have been subjected to the "Going to the Ground" provision.

I am not saying it was a Catch, just that the NFL needs to revise some things.

[Image: Star.gif]