Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How about them Cowgirls!

RE: How about them Cowgirls!
[Image: 0f0f73b6c9cbf5016a0f6a706700a478.jpg]

The call was correct, Dez did not control that very much bobbling ball.

(01-11-2015, 09:20 PM)mbostick Wrote: [Image: 0f0f73b6c9cbf5016a0f6a706700a478.jpg]

The call was correct, Dez did not control that very much bobbling ball.
that was after 3 steps and a football move

Being a fan, it's very hard to stay subjective and keep emotions out of it. All I see is a Catch, pull in, hand shift, two steps with a third for a lunge towards the goal line. Total football act, ground can't cause a fumble, 1st and goal at the 1/2 yard line. The devils advocate in me see's and understands the fact that the rules are subject to interpretation by the given deciding entity at the time, and how it would be easy to call the entire act a single process given the nature of how he came down with the ball.

But again, three different times his feet hit the ground the third of which was a forward momentum generating lunge push, and the ball was pulled to the chest, swapped hands, and was later extended out. Subjective or not how is that not part of a football act. I honestly think this rule needs a very close look and a re-write to be completely subjective and not as cut and dry as it is now. Just like this situation I think was a catch, I also think the Calvin Johnson catch against the bears was a catch and he left the ball on the ground as he came up thinking "I've got it" as with the control he had there's no other explanation why he let it go as he did IMO. Subjective. Look at EVERYTHING, not just "the ball hit the ground, incomplete."

This one call didn't lose the Cowboys the game. As said elsewhere, Rogers had time and would probably have gone the distance. Murray's fumble. Running a pass play on a 3rd and 1 at the end of the first half when running was especially productive. Etc. Blown chances by the Cowboys. Did the call potentially affect the outcome? Most definitely. But the Cowboys had ample opportunity to go up by 10+ points a couple of times and blew it.

Not A Cowboys or Packers fan here.I do feel the Cowboys got screwed.But Jacoby is right when he said the Refs did not cause the Boys the to lose,the Packers did.
[Image: LSU-Saintsbanner.jpg]

Now, I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but the explanation that I heard, and the way it was presented made it sound like he didn't have full control of the ball until he was falling to the ground, and then the ball hit the ground and came out. That might be why they ruled the way they did, since the timing of when he had control would determine how it would appear on the screens. Of course, whether he did or not, I don't have the trained eye to be able to determine it so my thoughts on the matter are moot.

I think the call was correct but rule itself sticks.

Big picture

1) Dez Bryant seemed to be mature about the call. Big step due to his past.
2) The Cowboys did better this year than most imagined.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:

(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

© maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.).

Note 1: It is not necessary that he commit such an act, provided that he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so.

Note 2: If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball will not be considered a loss of possession. He must lose control of the ball in order to rule that there has been a loss of possession.

Nice video of play, cant get it embed

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/B07BFD553...010977.mp4

"If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."

as a Washington skins fan it is in my nature to dislike the boys. however, the call was a little wrong. if anything it should have been a reception, fumble, then a fumble recovery in the endzone.

(01-12-2015, 05:04 PM)mbostick Wrote: Nice video of play, cant get it embed

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/B07BFD553...010977.mp4

"If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."
that only applies if he had not "perform[ed] any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.)"