`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions on T206 Type Cards

RE: Questions on T206 Type Cards
(01-11-2015, 10:46 PM)StedmanRecon Wrote: Yea, the amount of fakes (from what I have read) has really concerned me. But I'm sure once I learn how to sidestep those regularly, it will be worth it.

1- Pre-war era... That is before WWII, correct?
2- Whether they are SGC graded or graded by someone else, do you prefer to get these kinds of cards from an online venue, or going to auctions in person?
3- I have had the urge to avoid Ebay if I was going to look for these cards, but what are your thoughts on finding these on there? Like, just go ahead and avoid it because there will mostly only be fakes on there? Or search with caution because there are actually a number of legit cards on there, and only take seriously the ones that are graded?

Old Cardboard? Is this Cardboard Connection, or is this a different site? Can you provide a link to it?

When you say authenticity advice, is that a place where I could post a question about the authenticity of a specific card, and I could get answered with specific details about the cards that I could look for on my own?
I seen fakes go with the wrong card stock (to thick) I seen fakes have the wrong print on the cards, some fakes have a gloss but made to look old. There should be no gloss on the card.
Look at the backs as well. in 1993 they made a ton of reprints by the set and some fakers roughed up the card and put paper loss on the back to get rid of the copyright date.
also get a black light if it glows it definitely a fake.

I would go to a show or to a LCS and ask them for you to look at them and get very familiar with them.ask them a bunch of questions and do your research before you get too deep and too heavy in it.

As for me when I first started the set I got over 300 of them concerned they were fake I took them to my LCS who had several of them graded and raw he taught me alot on what to look for. If going for graded use SGC if possible
If a T-206 looks like a grade 7 or better ungraded use caution with in writing money back guaranteed for I would say 80% high grade T-206 are already graded but there are still a few out there but not very many.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

The doc I'm referring to is DrmitchJ. He posts his own threads all the time.

I think net54 would be good for that... I'd check over there
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Congrats on getting into T206. Such a beautiful set. Each card it's own unique work of art. I wish you the best of luck on this journey.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(01-11-2015, 10:46 PM)StedmanRecon Wrote: Old Cardboard? Is this Cardboard Connection, or is this a different site? Can you provide a link to it?
PM sent.

(01-10-2015, 07:42 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: If your looking for a forum, hit Doc up. He'd probably know. He collects those bad boys. If your interested, I could recommend a couple good books. My friend is the author of a couple of award winning books on the T206 collection and The Cracker Jack collection and is partners with Joe Orlando from PSA. As far as auctions, check out Heritage and Mile High. Those are two great places to start. Both do national tours but they also do it online, everyday, 365 days a year. Huge amounts of inventory. Very impressive.
[Image: output_zpsmhn2afve.jpg] [Image: output_zpszqzsl8oe.jpg]

Thanks for posting these, I ordered copies.

Not a problem. They are great books. They made him one of the focal points at the National. I wasn't there but from what I understand, the large section they set aside for him to discuss the book and field any questions was standing room only every day.