`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New OPG Display

New OPG Display
When I went to use the OPG this morning, I noticed the set up was noticably different then the style has been

Has anyone else noticed that change and if so, what is your opinion

Rich
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

RE: New OPG Display
Dont like it.

Blah. It's more streamlined with the Marketplace... More so taketh from the traders and try and cater more to (and attempt to drum up more) sales.

If they added a little scroll over that showed who had certain cards for trade or something like that as well as their other products they are trying to push, that would actually get my attention....
Looking for Kris Bryant colors, Goldy rookies, Correa rookies, Joc rookies and other prospects and rookie autos!

im monkeywrenching it a bit, but my biggest issue is that the initial search defaults to search "baseball". it should be "all"

at least second line searches wont be broken anymore when you search with a number (because there is no second line search)

but once again, they dont take our usability issues into account. nor do they have iot so search paradigms work uniformly across the site
also, up and down arrows dont correspond with actual changes on the card page. in some cases, an arrow on the opg page, when the card is clicked to it's individual page, shows NO price change history, and neither does the set page

I just checked it out, and there are some nice features, such as being able to sort on multiple options immediately rather than selecting one and having to wait for it to sort before selecting another (i.e. auto and serial numbered). It would be nice if the shopping cart was greyed out if there were no cards in the marketplace to buy. That would make it much more streamlined.
The one thing I don't like is that each line takes up more screen space, so adding a bunch of cards to ORG from the same set might take a little longer.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I think I'm probably in the minority, but I do everything from my phone so I dont really know how much more user friendly the regular site is. I have an unbelievably hard time finding some older, more obscure cards when I'm trying to load them into my org. No matter how I've entered certain cards into the search in the past, they come back as no results found, particularly sub sets. I try the the set, sub set, player name for that brand and year and nothing seems to work until I enter the card brand and year and manually scroll through every page. I end up finding them under a heading that I initially entered but returned no results found. Maybe the new version wont have that issue.

don't really like it, too much extra stuff on the screen I don't need. sorting does seem better now at least.

less is more, HOF. try just card number and name. or partials...all you need is three characters for each word (so, ref for refractor, yast for yastremski, etc)

also, in opg searches only, you can search for select cards from one set at one time by seperating them with a |

so, like this:

2007 bowm baseb gold ref 134|234|12|78

would get you all card numbers 134, 234,12, and 78 from the 2007 bowman chrome gold refractor set

(01-07-2015, 10:35 AM)rentzington Wrote: don't really like it, too much extra stuff on the screen I don't need. sorting does seem better now at least.
im using adblock in firefox to get rid of certain things, moneywrenching other things to customize how it looks
oh, and HOF: you were most likely getting the second line number search error. when you searched using the lower search bar, and started your search with a number, it automatically thought that number was a year (if you looked at the url above, the ending string would be "year=207", if you had searched for card number 207

"im monkeywrenching it a bit, but my biggest issue is that the initial search defaults to search "baseball". it should be "all"

I had already sent the very esteeemed WTSJR an email with that very concern.

Rich
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

It's going to take a lot of getting used to. Maybe with time we will grow to like it. I am a lot like a lot of you. Changes as drastic as this one are hard to take.